Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure there are good patches there, but man, in my years using their stuff off and on, I sure manage to find the not-so-good ones.

This one's titled "Petrucci Lead". Take a guess how good it sounds! :lol:

brb, ears bleeding

·
Banned
7,428 Posts
Wirelessly posted (A Destroyer of short people: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Probably like shit

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wirelessly posted (A Destroyer of short people: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Probably like shit
Gain, Treble and Presence on 10 dude. Yes, it sounds like shit. :lol:

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Mids on 100%/66%? Perhaps the author of the patch caught Roger in an attempted home invasion, and used this patch to sonically immobilize him.

·
Registered
371 Posts
:rofl: That's so funny. I have yet to find a really great user preset on a forum. Even the ones on the Fractal Audio forum for the Axe FX Ultra weren't that good.

·
Premium Member
574 Posts
HA!!! I got that same "Petrucci lead" thinking it was gonna just kill! Bout blew my eardrums out. I promptly got rid of all the community tones and just concentrate on making my own. I think I dl'ed 15 or so and thought they all sucked ass...

·
Metal Acolyte
603 Posts
Back when I had my PODxt all the tones I downloaded off that site were like at as well. The average Line 6 user must like the fizzy icepick to the forehead tone. :lol:
My guess is that "the average Line 6 user" suffers from two problems:

• A drop-tuned, 7-string mentality that overemphasizes the bass frequencies.
  • A mediocre (at best) speaker cabinet that rolls off too much of the high frequencies.
Boosting treble and presence in those presets is probably their way of recovering some semblance of clarity and articulation. I really don't think they like fizzy icepick anything; they are probably just compensating for other shortcomings in their rigs.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
The average Line 6 user must like the fizzy icepick to the forehead tone. :lol:
Um, circular reference is circular. :lol:

·
Head of Agile Gestapo
5,675 Posts
My guess is that "the average Line 6 user" suffers from two problems:

• A drop-tuned, 7-string mentality that overemphasizes the bass frequencies.
  • A mediocre (at best) speaker cabinet that rolls off too much of the high frequencies.
My bass is on 10:00 so I'm good there and right now I'm running into a PA so I don't have the cabinet problem. :lol:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts