Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,448 Posts
"I feel loooooooooooooove" :lol:

Yes, it is about time. But that place is so crazy that I don't really respect their choices--or more specifically, their non-choices.

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
I hate the idea and institution of RnR Hall of Fame, but I even more don't understand this:
LL Cool J
Why is he nominated? Its not the Hiphop hall of fame. While we're at it, lets add some Jazz cats. Why hasn't anyone nominated Stravinsky yet?

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts
Maybe Alice Cooper can go into the RnR Hall of Fame with Neil Diamond. :facepalm:

·
Super Moderator
13,448 Posts
I hate the idea and institution of RnR Hall of Fame, but I even more don't understand this:

Why is he nominated? Its not the Hiphop hall of fame. While we're at it, lets add some Jazz cats. Why hasn't anyone nominated Stravinsky yet?
:agreed: One thing I realized over 10 years ago when watching VH1 is that to most "old guys in the music industry,"

Rock = All popular music regardless of whether it's rap, reggae, techno, blues, R&B, bubblegum pop, or peanut-butter-and-jelly-sandwich pop.

MTV does it too, but they've always been more concerned with everything EXCEPT music. So VH1 would be like "I think he is the most important figure in the rock music of the last twenty years" ....... and you find out that he was talking about Doctor Dre. :squint:

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
J. Geils Band :facepalm:

·
Motherfucker.
3,459 Posts
Reactions: Randy

·
Super Moderator
8,927 Posts
Due to Jann Wenner's influence with the RRHOF, if Rolling Stone magazine hated you back in the day, you're probably not getting into the HOF. That's the only conceivable reason that Rush and Yes are not in there already.

Let me bring out Frank Zappa's dusty old quote: "Definition of rock journalism: People who can’t write, doing interviews with people who can’t think, in order to prepare articles for people who can’t read."

·
Arrr, Matey!
1,798 Posts

Momma said KNOCK YOU OUT

There are some on there that should be on the list, but LL Cool J?????? Especially when Kiss and Rush are not in it. But I'm pretty sure the whole Rock 'N Roll Hall of Fame is a sham.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
LL Cool J kicks the shit out of Kiss. Then again, my high school band kicked the shit out of Kiss. Hell, Olivia Newton John kicks the shit out of Kiss, and she has no breasts.

Kiss sucks. :noway:

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
Momma said KNOCK YOU OUT

There are some on there that should be on the list, but LL Cool J?????? Especially when Kiss and Rush are not in it. But I'm pretty sure the whole Rock 'N Roll Hall of Fame is a sham.
KISS Is a money making machine. Fuck'em. LL Cool J is not a rock musician in any way shape or form. Rush should have been inagurated in the 1980s.

Rock 'N Roll Hall of Fame is a sham.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts