Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹɐln&#38
5,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
6 string LTD B206 with spalted maple over ash.

If they only made a B205 of this while retaining the 35" scale (their 5's are usually 34"...)

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
Find a used BTB1006e. Prestige Japan built, astounding quality and action on the one I played, the Bartolinis sound awesome. They were $1400 originally but you can get a used one for $500-700 based on my research. Not spalted, though, if that's what you really want.

35".

·
Registered
7,393 Posts
Find a used BTB1006e. Prestige Japan built, astounding quality and action on the one I played, the Bartolinis sound awesome. They were $1400 originally but you can get a used one for $500-700 based on my research. Not spalted, though, if that's what you really want.

35".
:yesway: the 206sm is really just a inexpenisve alturnative to a High end :lol:

·
ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹɐln&#38
5,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well honestly I wish it was 37" or 38" scale due to standard downtuning (G# C# F# B E). 35" isn't enough. I've tried bigger strings, but then I get buzz. Medium strings are middle between being too floppy/notes die too quick vs fret buzzing. If I had a longer scale, I'd be set.

I've got a soft spot for spalted, but aesthetics come 2nd.

·
Registered
7,393 Posts
Well honestly I wish it was 37" or 38" scale due to standard downtuning (G# C# F# B E). 35" isn't enough. I've tried bigger strings, but then I get buzz. Medium strings are middle between being too floppy/notes die too quick vs fret buzzing. If I had a longer scale, I'd be set.

I've got a soft spot for spalted, but aesthetics come 2nd.
:squint: Got the cash for a dingwall thing?:rofl:

·
ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹɐln&#38
5,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ha! I don't know if I could ever deal with playing a Dingwall live. I'd be too busy worrying about dinging it (no pun intended) :lol:

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Ha! I don't know if I could ever deal with playing a Dingwall live. I'd be too busy worrying about dinging it (no pun intended) :lol:
The Combustions are Fendery enough that I bet they'd look great abused. :metal:

·
ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹɐln&#38
5,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If I had the choice, I'd take that red Afterburner II. I'm not much into red, but that looks really droolworthy!

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
If I had the choice, I'd take that red Afterburner II. I'm not much into red, but that looks really droolworthy!
Pics?

·
Registered
7,393 Posts
:squint:

Nice. :yesway:

:cool:

I wouldnt mind getting one either but I would be like you unless I was in a working band and could afford another if it got too fucked up lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts