Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so while we are on the subject of nu metal . lets celebrate its greatest song..

or not.

however this version of the song is so delightfully catchy... the ladies absolutely own it. those garbage lyrics complete with fred dursts faux bravado show what a shit song it really was. so to see the lyrics in such a context is weird and funny(YMMV).

·
Nope
3,563 Posts
Came for hot chicks in leopard print, was dually satisfied when they began to sing. :yesway:

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no need to be embarrassed, i suppose a lot of people who grew up in the 90's were the crowd for this including myself. i got into metal through nu metal. since most of the time my family would be listening to hindi/bengali music it was a bit too much then and TV had these guys(Limp bizkit and others) playing constantly on rotation so this felt enticing. although now i love listening to good regional and cultural music. i guess with age you appreciate things you are averse to as a kid, a bit more. on the contrary songs and band like this don't do much for me at all. the lyrics were well crass then and crass now. but the music can be at times ok but bland. but the positive is that most of these bands existed primarily to have a good time so can't blame them except for those lyrics!

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
I really enjoyed Limp Bizkit when I saw them at a festival a couple of years ago, they put on quite a good show, Durst wasn't even massively annoying.
Whereas this was my one and only experience with this asshole. :lol:

I was up front for this... he got h8 the second he hit the stage and they fucked off after half a dozen songs and we had to wait like 2 hours for Metallica to hit the stage. Got pretty miserable.

·
The Singlecut King of Northern VA
2,299 Posts
That tour was a mistake, they should have known there was no way Metallica fans would be accepting of LB

Whereas this was my one and only experience with this asshole. :lol:

I was up front for this... he got h8 the second he hit the stage and they fucked off after half a dozen songs and we had to wait like 2 hours for Metallica to hit the stage. Got pretty miserable.

Limp Bizkit - My Generation (Live Summer Sanitarium) - YouTube

Limp Bizkit Walk Offstage After Chicago Crowd Gets Hostile | MTV.com

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
That wasn't the issue. It was that they had antagonized Chicago via an AM talk show host starting weeks before their arrival, and then made sure to flash big electronic messages at the crowd like 'FUCK MANCOW'. Then when there was a reaction... big baby mode time.

I think it ended when he got hit in the nuts with a glass bottle, FWIW. :lol:

·
The Singlecut King of Northern VA
2,299 Posts
But why was he antagonizing on the talk show to begin with? There has to be a story somewhere there. Fred is known to be a dick but after 9/11 he calmed down a lot.

That wasn't the issue. It was that they had antagonized Chicago via an AM talk show host starting weeks before their arrival, and then made sure to flash big electronic messages at the crowd like 'FUCK MANCOW'. Then when there was a reaction... big baby mode time.

I think it ended when he got hit in the nuts with a glass bottle, FWIW. :lol:

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
I saw that Summer Sanitarium tour when it went through Montreal. Bizkit put on the best show that night, and I really don't like them.

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
Who cares? Mancow Muller and Fred Durst are both huge assholes. :lol:

I don't see any reason that they quit the show, though, and Durst was sued successfully in a class-action suit for not finishing the show. I won like a dollar from Fred Durst. I should have framed it. :lol:

·
Banned
13,827 Posts
That was good. :lol:

... the song, not the IDGAF comments about F. Durst and Limp Biscuit.

·
Banned
3,697 Posts
i was never a big limp bizkit fan, all my friends were. i tried to like them but i failed. or succeeded depending on your point of view.

i just watched that clip of them playing, and then this was suggested by youtube..

what the fuck is this??!?

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Richard Cheese > Lounge Kittens

·
MG.ORG Irregular
9,747 Posts
c'mon that beat is dope it's rollin rollin rollin whaa rollin rollin rollin heey :lol:

I don't think I ever listened to the original, just the rappier remix

1 - 20 of 25 Posts