Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmm, "Active" sounding isn't really what I'm after, but it's only $230, and if I don't like it it's easy enough to eBay.

Out of stock until the 30th, so going to email 'em directly for the polished set.

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Hivemind: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Yeah they make mean bass pickups but I wasn't that impressed with the buckers I heard in a les Paul

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts
That pickguard is win. No idea about the Alumitones.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Pass, Chris.

Do you want something contemporary, or something more vintage-oriented? I'll be grabbing Dimarzio Heavy Blues shortly, so if you want to wait until after I pick them up to see how they stack up against the Cruisers (which you've heard) and the stock Fenders (which you own), gimme a week or two. However, since that's, like, the antithesis of your buying M.O., I'd suggest one of the following if you want something pretty traditional - either a Fender Texas Special set, or a Lindy Fralin Blues set, probably a bit overwound. The TS's are about as classic as a "hot Fender" set gets, while the Fralins are sort of the botique aftermarket alternative - Fralins are about as good as "traditional" singlecoils get, evidently, and if I was going for a traditional non-hum-canceling singlecoil, that's what I'd be looking at. (Though, I remember rather liking some of the Wolfetone singlecoil clips).

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
The Duncan Quarter Pounders are a great halfway house between traditional stratty single and P90, although much closer to Strat. Killer pickups.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts