Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
I ordered a pickguard with them for my Strat from MF, but every time I check the order it's pushed back even more. I'd love to tell you what they sound like, but apparently they are made of Unobtanium.

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Hivemind: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

The p bass pickups are pretty cool if you don't mind not sounding like a p bass :lol:

·
Banned
1,582 Posts
I really like my 'Deathbucker' set...they're pretty unique & sound great..

Here's a demo I just did for them
early this year. Looks like they're still in stock. They have the regular alumitones/single coils as well..

·
It's just a joke
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)

Here's a demo I just did for them Lace Alumitone Deathbucker Demo/Test

I got them from here early this year. Looks like they're still in stock. They have the regular alumitones/single coils as well..
I was just going to go standard alumitone. I typically choose low-mid output "classic" style Pups. I love the alnico 5 pups in my LP.

I also like some "active" pups. They always have this insanely crisp attack.

·
Registered
4,593 Posts

Here's a demo I just did for them Lace Alumitone Deathbucker Demo/Test

I got them from here early this year. Looks like they're still in stock. They have the regular alumitones/single coils as well..

I don't suppose you have a demo that isn't buried by huge amounts of gain and effects? :lol:

·
Papa Carlo
162 Posts
I tried Alumitones singles and humbuckers in some of my guitars.

Never got to P-90 version.
I personally got to thinking they produce definitely not mine tone. Though the idea is great but in reality the balance of freqs really sucks. Lots of lows comparing to high freqs, so you need to place bass side much deeper than treble.
Some people say you can get whatever tone from those. In my experience it's mostly about a kind of faceless, liquid tone, without any character. Maybe I'm just too conservative in that case.
Still they (singles) had some nice clean sound with some "true" acoustic notes similar to piezo on ViK Caprice T hollow-body. I recorded something a few years ago, check the attachment

1 - 15 of 15 Posts