Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Pallin' around
9,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, Carlos rules. I love how it is power metal vocals, but he puts a grainy, raw aspect into them as well. The opening riff is just so cool, too.

·
Head of Agile Gestapo
5,675 Posts

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
The version with Carlos singing (this one) is WAY better than the album version.
You're implying that the album version is any good, or that the album is actually worth listening to at all.

·
Super Moderator
8,927 Posts
I had to Google what Rusty Cooley is up to these days. He's really sort of dropped off the face of the earth, compared to how visible he was a few years ago.

·
Where?!
2,632 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,448 Posts
Weird. The music sounds like extreme metal, but the vocals are straight up power metal. Before the vocals came in, I was suspecting either black metal shrieking or brutal death metal insanely low growling. :lol: The falsetto power metal vocals strangely fit really well, though.

·
Temporary Autonomous Zone
582 Posts
I had to Google what Rusty Cooley is up to these days. He's really sort of dropped off the face of the earth, compared to how visible he was a few years ago.
Which is super bizarre because I think he's doing more ACTUAL things now, but he was more visible as his own PR guy releasing backroom shot lesson videos with shitty camera audio on ChopsFromHell. He had that crappy website with green alien heads, and a page with links to 101 other shredders...

Francesco Fareri...where is THAT guy. He was super nice, such a sweet guy...took all the internet hate straight into his heart. Dude COULD NOT figure out decent vibrato, and his playing had zero personality to it, but guy could do shit on a guitar I'd never seen. Got me to sit with my guitar and practice more, I'll give him that! hah.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts