Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 7-string guitar that I no longer play and would rather not be a wasted instrument. However, I don't want to break any forum rules if I'm unable to "advertise" my guitar.

Please let me know.

Thank you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Ibanez AX7221

It was just going to be one of those best offer type deals. I bought this guitar around 2004 and I used it for about a year, but then I just started playing casually and didn't really need a 7-string anymore. Now I need $ for college textbooks, ha.

There's actually no wear/tear, because it has been stashed away for quite some time.

I also have a Kustom PA-10 head and 2 older Fender stage monitors/speakers (12" with tweeters). One of the tweeters is out, but I was going to get rid of these as a best offer type deal as well.

·
Pallin' around
9,532 Posts
I've sold plenty of things to pay for college textbooks :mad:

The problem is, if nobody knows who you are or how to contact you, you could rip somebody off. Usually, people post a bit around here and people know who they are, and when they try to sell stuff there is a good amount of trust in place.

Selling stuff privately on the internet is pretty much taking the other person's word that they will indeed ship the guitar. It is an easy scam, so people are hesitant.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Oh, I definitely understand that. I will put them up on eBay under the same name. I'm sure that's a bit more secure.

I guess I was just kind of hoping there was someone from the WV/Pittsburgh/western MD area that would be interested, so we could just meet--avoid all of the shipping/handling/fees BS. Also, so they could test it out if they wanted.

Thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'd love to have this guitar. I had 2 others before and loved them But had to get rid of them :(
Send me a PM and I'll give you my email address. I could put it up on eBay for a buy-it-now price that we pre-determine. I may need help with properly shipping the guitar, though... I've never shipped anything that large. (I'm assuming I would take the strings off, but I'm not sure about anything else?)

The strings are new and I'd of course throw in a guitar bag (unless you don't need one -- I'm sure that would drive the shipping cost up some)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.