Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Socially Awkward
328 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Android; Opera Mini/6.24556/24.899; U; en) Presto/2.5.25 Version/10.54)

i wish they'd make more fixed bridge prestiges. the only ones i know of are the rga121, rga321 and that one. :\

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
Not me. Even if you don't like actives, if they're a name brand pickup, they'll go for more used than some no name ibanez pickups.
I agree it's more value built into the guitar (and yeah, for $800 that thing should come with DiMarzios or EMGs) but it's just less work for someone with my tastes to convert. Since they ALWAYS use the soapbars. :squint:

·
Banned
7,428 Posts
Wirelessly posted (A Destroyer of short people: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

Those pickguards are really ugly.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I kinda wish they'd just stuck a regular hardtail bridge on the these; the Tight End thing seems a bit overkill for a hardtail. Plus "Tight End" sounds a bit...:quagmire:

(Also... interesting colours and decent pickups would be nice:rant:)

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
I'm really friggin' tired of everything being basswood. I like basswood; I've got two currently. I just would love a Prestige-level RG in ash, mahogany, or alder.
The 29-fret or 30-fret or whatever monstrosity they built is alder! I actually kinda want one :lol:

·
Read Only
10 Posts
I'm sure it's a nice guitar, but yet another basswood guitar in need of a pickup change doesn't give me stiff nips.
This. I don't mind basswood, but rosewood + shitty pickups = :noway:

If you spend almost a grand on a guitar, it shouldn't sound like ass until you drop another $200 on it.

·
Pallin' around
9,532 Posts
I'm really friggin' tired of everything being basswood. I like basswood; I've got two currently. I just would love a Prestige-level RG in ash, mahogany, or alder.
Start looking for a 2027! It is worth it. I got mine for $1150, and with the prices of new Prestige 7s now, I thought that was awesome. Plus, mahogany looks so awesome once it is cleared.

I don't really mind having to change pickups. It is very rare the the guitar would come with the exact pickups I want, even if they are nice pickups. I would rather be swapping new 7s for a DA7 bridge and Liquifire 7 neck than doing the same thing to a pair of Duncans, or even worse, actives.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Start looking for a 2027! It is worth it. I got mine for $1150, and with the prices of new Prestige 7s now, I thought that was awesome. Plus, mahogany looks so awesome once it is cleared.

I don't really mind having to change pickups. It is very rare the the guitar would come with the exact pickups I want, even if they are nice pickups. I would rather be swapping new 7s for a DA7 bridge and Liquifire 7 neck than doing the same thing to a pair of Duncans, or even worse, actives.
I like my 2027 a bunch. :yesway: Though I use the piezo about once a year..

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.