Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,927 Posts
Holy crap, that kid's just about got it all. Ridiculous. :bowdown:

The only area I can see for improvement is that his fingerstyle grooves could stand to be a little more slippery, but that's a matter of feel and not technique. And he's certainly got a few years ahead of him to get it down. :lol:

·
Premium Member
8,927 Posts
Shit, technically he's way beyond Jaco already. Jaco was pretty much a one-trick pony with his fretless technique. Now, in terms of the beauty of the groove and the harmonic content of his improvision, the kid's got nothing yet on Jaco, but give him a few years in working bands and we'll see.

This kid does a very good slap and pop, but I was more impressed by his Stanley Clarke-type fingerstyle soloing. That very aggressive plucking style that Stanley got from years of playing upright bass seems to come naturally to this kid. I wonder if he also plays upright?

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Don't let anyone tell you that small hands is a reason not to play 6-string basses!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.