Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008GFRDL0/ref=amb_link_1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=gateway-center-column&pf_rd_r=1WQQS61QWJSPHYJCDT3T&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1395759562&pf_rd_i=507846]Kindle Fire HD 8.9" 4G - Latest Wireless Technology with 4G LTE[/ame]

• 1920x1200 HD display with polarizing filter and anti-glare technology for rich color and deep contrast from any viewing angle
  • Exclusive Dolby audio and dual stereo speakers for crisp, booming sound without distortion
  • High performance 1.5Ghz dual-core processor with Imagination PowerVR 3D graphics core for fast and fluid performance

·
I don't like it.
11,071 Posts
8.9" is my favorite tablet size, I'm pretty interested in one of these after I get whatever smartphone I'm going to be getting (probably Galaxy Nexus)...

·
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━&#
1,986 Posts
Kindle Fire HD Hands On: Pretty Impressive-For the Price

But it's just not nearly as smooth as the Nexus 7 on Jelly Bean. The original Kindle Fire's OS was built on Gingerbread 2.3, and on the Fire HD we get a heavily modified version of 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. And after using Jelly Bean on the Nexus 7, it's just impossible to go back to ICS without it feeling horribly slow and laggy.

How bad is it? It's bad enough that when you tap an icon, you wonder if you did it wrong, if maybe you didn't tap firmly enough. The bimodal reading, for instance, hung for nearly 10 seconds as it loaded. X-Ray took about five. None had a visual indicator that something was wrong. We're told that we were using production models, so it's pretty disappointing. It's going to ship like this.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts