Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Couple episodes in and it's already the best thing I've seen this year. Karl Urban is fantastic in it (especially when he is throwing around "cunt" with reckless abandon). More than makes up for the fact the underrated Judge Dredd movie he did wasn't popular enough to turn into a franchise.

·
DOO)))M
7,435 Posts
Yup, watched all of it this weekend, it's great and definitely felt like perfect timing for anyone who's dealing with superhero fatigue from the past ...11 years.

·
Tarantula Lobbyist
5,281 Posts
I think I've seen about 3 or 4 of the episodes, and it's awesome :) Much easier to watch than all that sugary marvel stuff.

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Keep forgetting Americans hate the word cunt :lol:
That's the paradox of America, 50% more Extreme than every other country 50% more puritanical in bizarre ways.

We pride ourselves on having the most desensitized sex and violence drenched media culture of any first world country, but "cunt" and female toplessness are strictly off limits.

We give kids the newest Call of Duty at the age of 3 so they can get a good amount of killing mass amounts of people with imaginary guns before kindergarten, but god forbid they hear the word "cunt" on television.

·
Super Moderator
13,448 Posts
I'm only a couple episodes in myself, but it's really good. I was aware of the graphic novels, but mainly just that it was "a dark anti-superhero story with a tone kind of like Preacher." I mainly started watching this because of Karl Urban, and it really hasn't disappointed. Looking forward to the rest of the series.

His Dredd was so good. Movie itself was mediocre but he crushed it.
It was an entertaining movie, but nothing amazing. That said, it was totally worth watching entirely because of how good of a job Karl Urban did as Dredd. I was hoping they'd make more Karl Urban Dredd movies, but unfortunately it was just the one.

·
Mod Britannia
7,233 Posts
Certainly looks worth a watch, I'll check it out

More than makes up for the fact the underrated Judge Dredd movie he did wasn't popular enough to turn into a franchise.
Well, there is a tv series coming, and games company that owns 2000AD have bought a film studio to make it...

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Certainly looks worth a watch, I'll check it out

Well, there is a tv series coming, and games company that owns 2000AD have bought a film studio to make it...
Is there, though? The twitter account for MC1 does nothing but retweet comic stuff and the FB page isn't much better. :(

·
Super Moderator
13,448 Posts
I watched a couple more episodes tonight and this series just keeps getting better and better. I have to say it's probably the best "new series" I've seen in 2019. I haven't finished the first season yet, but I can't imagine the quality dropping in the remaining episodes.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
I watch essentially no TV, but I keep seeing previews for this, and it actually looks kind of awesome. :lol: Free to anyone with a Prime account, right?

·
Super Moderator
13,448 Posts
I watch essentially no TV, but I keep seeing previews for this, and it actually looks kind of awesome. :lol: Free to anyone with a Prime account, right?
That is correct. I don't watch Amazon Prime Video as much as Netflix, but it's like a pretty awesome free bonus in my mind, because even if Amazon Prime didn't have Amazon Prime Video, I'd still pay for it.

·
Mod Britannia
7,233 Posts
Is there, though? The twitter account for MC1 does nothing but retweet comic stuff and the FB page isn't much better. :(
I don't know if it's still going to be the MC1 series, but a series is defintiely in the pipeline.

·
Super Moderator
13,448 Posts
Finished watching the first season tonight, and it didn't disappoint. Hopefully Amazon doesn't take forever to make season 2.

·
DOO)))M
7,435 Posts
Finished watching the first season tonight, and it didn't disappoint. Hopefully Amazon doesn't take forever to make season 2.
Some people on the subreddit have posted photos of them supposedly already beginning on filming S2, so I think the expectation is early-to-mid 2021.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts