Metal Guitarist Forums banner

61 - 80 of 84 Posts

·
Banned
3,697 Posts
I'm so annoyed we are already at the season finale this week. I know this season had a slow start, but I've enjoyed every minute of it. The build up in the last few episodes has been amazing.

They haven't even begun filming season 3 yet. :facemelt:

·
Tarantula Lobbyist
5,281 Posts
My favorite show on TV at the moment. We get my daughter in South Carolina on Facetime on Friday nights and synch up the start of the show and watch it together. It's such a blast, and of course everything and everyone is a cunt when the show is on as well. "You going to the kitchen cunt? Can you get me a seltzer please?" :rofl:

Every episode this season has just gotten better and better, it's in a class by itself in my house.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
They haven't even begun filming season 3 yet. :facemelt:
Eh, we get The Mandalorian on the 30th, The Witcher next summer, there's a few things on the horizon to help slow the wait.

·
Premium Member
11,451 Posts
Eh, we get The Mandalorian on the 30th, The Witcher next summer, there's a few things on the horizon to help slow the wait.
I'm not sure I can get through another season of The Witcher, but The Mandolorian exceeded my expectations.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
I'm not sure I can get through another season of The Witcher, but The Mandolorian exceeded my expectations.
I'm sure I've said this here before, but if there was ever a time for a hero who walked around looking like he was done with your shit and saying, "Hmm... fuck," it's 2020.

·
Tarantula Lobbyist
5,281 Posts
2021 is going to be, "Hey 2020, hold my beer"

·
Super Moderator
13,448 Posts
To each his own. I have zero interest in The Mandalorian, but I can't wait for another season of The Witcher.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
To each his own. I have zero interest in The Mandalorian, but I can't wait for another season of The Witcher.
Same here. All of the things that make The Witcher campy and ridiculous only add to it's charm, IMO.

·
Premium Member
11,451 Posts
Same here. All of the things that make The Witcher campy and ridiculous only add to it's charm, IMO.
Oh, I like all the campy stuff, it's the reason I watch it - although the gratuitous nudity is also a selling point. The story is just so...thin. I'm not expecting high art, but, come on, there's at least three episodes that were padded so badly I was like "get on with it, already!"

·
Super Moderator
13,448 Posts
Oh, I like all the campy stuff, it's the reason I watch it - although the gratuitous nudity is also a selling point. The story is just so...thin. I'm not expecting high art, but, come on, there's at least three episodes that were padded so badly I was like "get on with it, already!"
Well, it seems like Season 1 was basically just made up of various short stories set across a span of about 50 or 60 years before the novels started, simply to set things up so that Season 2 could finally get into the novels. The first 2 books published in the series were short story collections and then every book from the 3rd one on were all novels. Technically, Season 1 did handle part of the first novel, since all the parts in the "present" with Ciri and everything surrounding Nilfgaard's attack on Cintra is from the first few chapters of the first novel, though they do add in some fluff that isn't from the novels or short stories to stretch it out long enough so that the first season ends where it does. I enjoyed it all personally, but I do think that it's set up so that Season 2 can be more entertaining. Hopefully they at least get more than 8 episodes for the second season and can cover more ground.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Finished Season 2 last night. The finale was great.

·
Premium Member
RGMS7
922 Posts
Finished Season 2 last night. The finale was great.
:agreed:

Karl Urban was incredible in all of the final scenes with Homelander and Ryan.

Super satisfying to watch Stormfront get her face stomped by the girls.

I was surprised by the Senator being the head-exploding supe. I know plenty of people probably thought of it before, but I hadn't. Good twist.

They spent so much time making Deep even more useless and unlikable that I'm surprised they never gave him any kind of closure or redemption, guess they're saving something for S3.

Also, for all the Dark fans:
Did the pendant Butcher gives Ryan look familiar?

·
Super Moderator
13,448 Posts
While I can say that Season 2 isn't as good as Season 1, the second half of the season was so good that it definitely has me rearing for a Season 3.

One thing I remember the author saying was that he was going to make The Boys way more extreme and offensive than Preacher, but I think that Preacher is actually more extreme and offensive. But it probably comes down to personal sensibilities. The Boys is definitely gorier and they both gloriously pull off that irreverent "offensive" feel (I thought the recap at the beginning of the season finale pulled that off amazingly). That said, I love both series (comics and live action shows).

I will say, though, that I actually expected Homelander to kill Stormfront after she flipped the car that Ryan and his mom were in and I was a little surprised when it was actually Ryan who killed Stormfront. And yeah, it was very satisfying watching all of the girls stomp Stormfront. While I've always considered Homelander to be the most dislikeable character in the show, he actually doesn't seem like he's evil at his core, whereas Stormfront does seem evil at her core.

·
Banned
3,697 Posts
you almost felt for Homelander at times. The scene in the cabin with Ryan after the restaurant was really touching. I was convinced at that point Ryan was going to die because of stormfront, and then cause homelander to flip out and kill everyone - especially after Starlight and Hughie were listening to Good Die Young in the car earlier. I was convinced that was some foreshadowing.

·
Tarantula Lobbyist
5,281 Posts
So, I thought that last episode was boring until it wasn't, and then it really wasn't :lol: Yeah, I felt a bit bad for Homelander as well, but what can you do. It did seem like the next season will be a lot different, because they tied up a lot of storylines. Fingers crossed.
By the way, I just had a laser installed in my left eye Saturday to replace the glass one, and I can't wait to Homelander somebody with it :)

·
crying in your beer
3,782 Posts
Oi, cunts, what a splendid finale!

Awesome season. Even though it started a good bit slower than season 1, but it really took on in the later episodes. In any case: Homelander-dude kills it in every scene, and so does Karl Urban.

My highlights:

cuntsatvought.jpg

"Where's me boy." <3 Butcher's dog being called "Terror" made me laugh, in a good way.

The Deep and A-Train are the most worthless fucks ever.

Stormfront (should have seen that coming with that nickname) being the Nazi Grandma was a seriously good turn, and how they implemented it in current day politics - up to the point of being an actual critical parody of society (they did that all the time, but not to this extend) - was imho extremely well executed. From "thoughts and prayers" to right winger memes up to white goenice and "they still love hwat i say, they just dont like the word "Nazi".."

Billy: remember what I told you.
Ryan: don't be a cunt.

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez being the head-exploder.

61 - 80 of 84 Posts