Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
First post guy
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody watch this nights premier? I know not many of you are fans, I'm not necessarily a fan either:lol:, but I did watch it. But I was wondering, for those of you who did watch it: any favorites so far?

Also, let's keep any anti-AI vibes out, please ;)
awww never mind, if you don't like the show, just meme away! :yesway:

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Wirelessly posted :)dio:: Mozilla/5.0 (Android; Linux armv7l; rv:9.0) Gecko/20111216 Firefox/9.0 Fennec/9.0)

Seriously, dude? :spock:

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Hivemind: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

The hell? Where the Fuck did this thread come from? :lol:

I did not forsee this :lol:

·
First post guy
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lol, I know, I just thought it would be fun to meme about in all actuality... just wanted to see where this thread went ;)

In other words; no, not really all that seriously... if anyone happened to see any of it, share your opinion, regardless of however comical it may be :lol:.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Wirelessly posted :)dio:: Mozilla/5.0 (Android; Linux armv7l; rv:9.0) Gecko/20111216 Firefox/9.0 Fennec/9.0)

That show actively offends me. I hate how it trivializes music, and how it churns out shitty, premanufactured pop garbage. I despise the fact that one of the greatest rock frontmen ever is reduced to the status of washed up clown judging people with zero creativity, and how you have to sign a five year exclusivity deal just to make the cut. It is bullshit, fuck Simon, fuck the show, and fuck the legion of retards who tune in every week.

·
Dont you love balls?
1,482 Posts
Well, Simon isn't part of the show anymore, and he was funny. Plus some of the singers can be great, I don't know why you would make that blanket statement. I do agree that the premise of the show is absolutely stupid, with the contracts and whatnot though.

That doesn't stop me from hating the show though..or this thread. Seriously fwd?? :lol:

·
Retarded P.A Overlord.
14,248 Posts
I despise the fact that one of the greatest rock frontmen ever is reduced to the status of washed up clown judging people with zero creativity.
Whodis? I'm not up to date with American Idol, and I'm fairly sure our version finished many moons ago :lol:

·
Super Moderator
13,448 Posts

That show actively offends me. I hate how it trivializes music, and how it churns out shitty, premanufactured pop garbage. I despise the fact that one of the greatest rock frontmen ever is reduced to the status of washed up clown judging people with zero creativity, and how you have to sign a five year exclusivity deal just to make the cut. It is bullshit, fuck Simon, fuck the show, and fuck the legion of retards who tune in every week.
:agreed: on every point. The main problem I have with the show is exactly what you said: how it trivializes music.

I've always seen music as art, but this show makes it more like a combination of "sports" and "fashion/modeling."

·
Read Only
3 Posts
I agree with you, except Tyler had already reduced himself to that level without the help of Idol.

On the upside, we'll get a new DAUGHTRY album soon!

·
Bro of Bros, Bro.
15,373 Posts
My neighbor's son was on there again. He was the one in the red doing the backflip at the end. Looks like he's going to Hollywood for the second time.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts