Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/5.0.3521/19.826; U; en) Presto/2.5.25)

on mobile so im not gonna youtube, but all their discs are very consistent quality. my fav stuff is off the newest album. songs like guardians of asgaard and freewill sacrifice.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
The only Amon Amarth song I can really get into is "Twilight of the Thunder God." For some reason the melodies in that one override my inability to stomach most growling.

·
Retarded P.A Overlord.
14,248 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Useless fucking piece of shit: Opera/9.80 (S60; SymbOS; Opera Mobi/448; U; en-GB) Presto/2.4.18 Version/10.00)

My personal favorites are 'Cry of the Blackbirds', 'Twilight of the Thunder God' and 'Pursuit of Vikings'

·
DOO)))M
7,435 Posts
Their newest album "Twilight of The Thunder God" is awesome start to finish, and "With Oden On Our Side" has some good tracks as well. Check those out for I'd say.

·
Read Only
1,374 Posts
I can understand why some people won't like them, but I personally love them. One of my favorite live shows that I've been to.

Like it was said earlier, Twilight Of The Thunder God is great from start to finish. So is "With Oden on Our Side," and "Fate Of Norns."
Everything earlier than that is good too, but hard to listen to all the way through.

·
Puddin
1,793 Posts
+1 to what everyone else said. And add Thousand Years of Oppression, Arson, Once Sealed in Blood, and Beheading of a King.

Just soooo catchy.

I just went to see them when they came out right after Hammerfall. Best 2 weeks of my recent life :lol:.

·
Retarded P.A Overlord.
14,248 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Useless fucking piece of shit: Opera/9.80 (S60; SymbOS; Opera Mobi/448; U; en-GB) Presto/2.4.18 Version/10.00)

I will attest that they are fucking fantastic live. Best band I've seen besides Fear Factory.

·
Puddin
1,793 Posts
Yup, and to think I almost didn't go see them. I passed on one show at the Sunset HOB. Then decided I better go catch them. Glad I did.

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
I love this band and am sorry I missed them in TO last year.

NO ONE has posted up "Runes to my memory" yet?! Are you all insane?! :rant:

seriously guys, get the good tunes out!

·
Puddin
1,793 Posts
I love this band and am sorry I missed them in TO last year.

NO ONE has posted up "Runes to my memory" yet?! Are you all insane?! :rant:
Dang! I knew I missed one. Plus you also got Prediction of Warfare in there. I think the problem is that there's just so many good ones we'd pretty much just have to list albums to cover all the best songs.

I seriously love Amon Amarth. It's ridiculous.

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
I really love about 3-4 songs per CD, and the rest are "good" :lol:

I still gotta get the new one too.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts