Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the genz benz eldiablo 100 head.I was at practice yesterday and I turned my amp on. it worked fine. then I turned it off. I went to turn it back on and it wouldn't turn on.

there was no burning smell and I don't think it was the tubes. what could be blown? is there a fuse in tube heads or is this thing shot?

I'm under a 30 day warranty, but the problem is I got this head dirt cheap 550$
I'm not going to find an all tube head for that price again that I like as much as this. they are only going to give me credit. so I have to find something at guitar center.

they do have a randell v2, but I think it has solid state power with preamp tubes. the power tubes is what gives an amp the good tube sound that I like.

has any one else had this problem?

·
Creeping in your sheets
222 Posts
I have the genz benz eldiablo 100 head.I was at practice yesterday and I turned my amp on. it worked fine. then I turned it off. I went to turn it back on and it wouldn't turn on.

there was no burning smell and I don't think it was the tubes. what could be blown? is there a fuse in tube heads or is this thing shot?

I'm under a 30 day warranty, but the problem is I got this head dirt cheap 550$
I'm not going to find an all tube head for that price again that I like as much as this. they are only going to give me credit. so I have to find something at guitar center.

they do have a randell v2, but I think it has solid state power with preamp tubes. the power tubes is what gives an amp the good tube sound that I like.

has any one else had this problem?
Yes, there is a fuse. Check out the manual :

http://www.genzbenz.com/img/manuals/gb/EL_DIABLO_100-ownersmanual.pdf

Apparently there is an extra fuse you can use to replace the blown one.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think they told me over the phone that they replace it with a brand new one, or a head at equal to lesser value. but that genz benz is about 1000$ brand new.
I highly doubt that they will replace a 550 dollar used genz benz head with a new genz benz in the thousand dollar range.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Don't let GC swindle it from you dude! Find a local tech and get it repaired. GC is going to take it, fix it for 50 bucks and toss it on the floor for 900 or so.
thats what I was worried about. all they had there today for same value when I looked online. was a bunch of solid state stuff, witch is not the same value in my opinion.

·
Super Moderator
4,876 Posts
something that hasn't been brought up here is that the fuses are there to blow when something has gone wrong in the amp. The function of as fuse is for it to break instead of something more expensive. In general this means that one of your tubes is on it's way out. I would test all of your tubes and see whats up.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
something that hasn't been brought up here is that the fuses are there to blow when something has gone wrong in the amp. The function of as fuse is for it to break instead of something more expensive. In general this means that one of your tubes is on it's way out. I would test all of your tubes and see whats up.
that could be possible, but also like I mentioned in another thread. the power at his house were it happened is terrible. it happened when I turned the amp off then quickly turned it back on without waiting, which is a stupid thing to do on my part. :nuts:

I was just playing on it for about an hour at home and it sounded fine. no sign of any tube malfunction. how do I check to see if a tube is on ts way out?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts