Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Who is Noodles?
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

In recent months i was shopping for amps till i found my engl.

When searching i saw alot of amps were listed as modified. Obviously i know that modified normally means better... but what is possible? why do it? what can it add? whats the downsides (theres downsides to most things, modify a car - lower your fuel economy etc)

My gear is fairly decent but my tone is still lacking (its not technique clever fuck as i noticeably sound better when using friends with more refined set ups and find them easier to play on)

just found out got two extra days holiday then i thought to use by next weds, ima go ahead and break that capitalisation rule BOOOOOYAH! :fever: Thank you.

·
Banned
7,428 Posts
Wirelessly posted (A Destroyer of short people: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

You can change the fx loop to be in series or paralell.

·
Les Paul Nut
8,077 Posts
Wirelessly posted (A Destroyer of short people: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

You can change the fx loop to be in series or paralell.
might wanna explain the differences to him, I don't know what the differences myself.

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
If you find an amp with an inherent sound you really like, but want a feature or two added/removed/altered, then you can have it modded.

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Saying that you want better tone and telling us that you might want your amp modded is a bit like going to the doctor for stomach pains, and showing the doc your foot :lol:

We're going to need a complete rundown of your rig. Guitar, pickups, strings, pots, cable, pedals, amp, amp settings, amp tubes (age, class), bias settings, speakers, speaker cabinet, and anything else you can think of.

·
Les Paul Nut
8,077 Posts
Lenny first thing is first bud, I know you're having troubles with your ibanez, did you ever get that sorted? Afterwards you can work on your amp, if you're not happy with your amp perhaps look at other amps before deciding to mod one.

·
Who is Noodles?
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
holy shit i really dont know anything about any of my gear. (guitar has only become my main focus recently)

i think alot is down to my guitars set up, this post was simply to see what everyone was goin on about with mods to their amps, like what they had done. Ive sourced a baritone ibanez and also got my rg set up which has helped massively.

stuffz dat i owwwn -

2 ibanez rg's
engl invader
1960a cab
isp decimator
tu2
ibanez smash box (thats a wanky little thing in my eyes)
boss dd7

How should this all be set up in everyones eyes?..... ive always put the tuner first and the gate last in line? and i have no idea what 'bias settings' im using i just match the ohmage for the cab? apologies for knowing nothing, i take the berating abuse to learn.

·
ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹɐln&#38
5,486 Posts
Engl Invader? Yeah, I think you need to focus on other things like speakers and pickups first, maybe a completely different cab with different speakers.

·
Les Paul Nut
8,077 Posts
Definitely pickups if you're running on stock pickups. I don't have experience with speakers and cabs so I can't say anything about it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.