Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Oh yeah!
1,913 Posts
If they even sound decent I'll be happy with it.

Will buy the amps down the road but that's sweet :yesway:

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't think I'm the only one who'd rather spend 5k on all those amps. :lol:
Of course I'd rather have the real amps. On a small scale, I've got some of them. However plugins have their place, particularly on my lunch break in the server room. :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Well, that might actually make me buy amplitube. Seriously, I love Mesas so much and I don't have the funds for one. This, on the other hand...

·
Registered
149 Posts
I'm pretty stoked with this announcement - The fact that Mesa/Boogie have put their stamp on it is really encouraging. The American Lead amp in Amplitube looked to be a pretty accurate take on the Mark IIc - tackling it like 'any other amp' (tm) was a nightmare to get a decent tone out of it... then I read the manual and used Boogie's settings as a start and it sang.

If they take the custom shop approach, you can still buy individual elements a-la carte, which is cool for dabbling in one or two amps/cabs only...

Yep, I'm looking forward to this! :)

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The ONLY reason I'm curious is because Boogie approved it. Otherwise, I'm not usually a fan of Amplitube.

·
Banned
3,697 Posts
sounds pretty interesting - like you say Jeff if its Mesa approved I'd imagine its pretty decent - its interesting that they chose mark III over a IIc+ as that would have been the obvious choice.

·
Premium Member
5,213 Posts
sounds pretty interesting - like you say Jeff if its Mesa approved I'd imagine its pretty decent - its interesting that they chose mark III over a IIc+ as that would have been the obvious choice.
I can see the logic - 'want mark II C+ tone? Buy a MK V mini or full size'. 'Want Mesa (ish) sounds on a budget? Try amplitube'

I also doubt the level of corksniffery that exists with people that have the financial means to get a mesa head exists with people that dont. They will more often just want 'Mesa' sound as opposed to a specific model.

I think its a smart move by Mesa to secure some revenue from a market they would normally not have got anything from.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I can see the logic - 'want mark II C+ tone? Buy a MK V mini or full size'. 'Want Mesa (ish) sounds on a budget? Try amplitube'

I also doubt the level of corksniffery that exists with people that have the financial means to get a mesa head exists with people that dont. They will more often just want 'Mesa' sound as opposed to a specific model.

I think its a smart move by Mesa to secure some revenue from a market they would normally not have got anything from.
It's no doubt a smart move for Mesa. I just hope they didn't compromise, and just slap their seal of approval without making sure the tones are good.

·
Señor Member
12,297 Posts
Other than the free stuff (LePou, etc.), Amplitube is the only company that produces amp sims that sound good and fairly accurate, totally dry. This could be not awful.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Other than the free stuff (LePou, etc.), Amplitube is the only company that produces amp sims that sound good and fairly accurate, totally dry. This could be not awful.
That's a glowing endorsement.

"Mesa Amplitube: This might not be awful!"

·
Premium Member
5,213 Posts
It's no doubt a smart move for Mesa. I just hope they didn't compromise, and just slap their seal of approval without making sure the tones are good.
upon actually watching the video it would seem there is a range of amps available so my thoughts on why they put a completely out of production model in there are invalid!

·
Registered
43 Posts
It was the furthest thing from compromise imaginable. It was one of the most challenging experiences our team has ever had, MESA was incredibly tough and picky and it was appreciated no matter how hard it made us step up our game. It also took a LONG time, which is obviously not the greatest part for us or customers, but again it's worth it in the end. Working with companies of this calibre is amazing, and a privilege and the pickier they are the more we can do them justice which is really what they deserve. It was great with Orange too, and others. There's something satisfying about hearing legendary amp guys tell you that you "nailed" their sound.

·
i am the owl
2,700 Posts
It was the furthest thing from compromise imaginable. It was one of the most challenging experiences our team has ever had, MESA was incredibly tough and picky and it was appreciated no matter how hard it made us step up our game. It also took a LONG time, which is obviously not the greatest part for us or customers, but again it's worth it in the end. Working with companies of this calibre is amazing, and a privilege and the pickier they are the more we can do them justice which is really what they deserve. It was great with Orange too, and others. There's something satisfying about hearing legendary amp guys tell you that you "nailed" their sound.
Great to hear. Any chance a trial will be available? Don't know if you guys generally do those.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts