Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Darren posted Dan Spitz's project Red Lamb a year ago today (search FTW :fever:)... there's another video now and Red Lamb is going on tour to raise funds to battle autism. Dan's two children are afflicted with autism and he basically returned to heavy metal to wake people up about the issue.

The music may not be everybody's cup of tea but the message is powerful.

I highly encourage everyone to spread the word about the Anarchy for Autism tour. Each date is supported by local acts and I expect them to sell out pretty well.

Here's the official FaceBook page for the tour:
Anarchy For Autism Tour (Official) | Facebook

·
Mod Britannia
7,233 Posts
Definitely something that not enough people understand. My best mate has Asperger's syndrome, which is a type of autism. Thankfully he's only mildly affected with it, but affected enough that he went to a special school for sufferers of it.

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
My little sister has Aspergers, and through dieting and counseling she's getting to be more and more social. She called me gay the other day. :squint:
It's really nice to see this, any upcoming Chicago area shows?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Me and the wife have friends with an autistic son and he is the coolest little dude I've ever met. Our friend/tattoo artist also has a son who is autistic who is also a really cool dude. I really was in the dark about this for so long there needs to be more stuff like this out there.

·
Registered
49 Posts
That's really good of him to do that. A very respectful deed indeed.

I just hope it doesn't mean his chances of reuniting with Anthrax (now that Rob Caggiano is gone)... I guess I'm just being hopeful :(.

·
Marshall humper
3,575 Posts
Mad respect to Spitz for this. I've got aspberhers as well, and unless you really understand it it's a tough issue.

·
Premium Member
282 Posts
My son and I went to the Red Lamb show in K.C. Friday night. Awesome f'n show considering it was just a hole in wall bar, RL absolutely killed it. Some local bands opened, they weren't too bad, but I thought it was pretty shitty of them not to even stick around and support the other bands to include RL. All in all a great night of metal!:metal:

·
Marshall humper
3,575 Posts
My little sister has Aspergers, and through dieting and counseling she's getting to be more and more social. She called me gay the other day. :squint:
It's really nice to see this, any upcoming Chicago area shows?
Really helped me with my Aspergers too.

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
That is really awesome ! !
DS is Top Notch ! !

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So, the balance of the tour has suddenly been cancelled, and there was a lot of noise on Facebook about promoters not getting their deposits refunded. The noise has mostly disappeared from sight, so it's possible things are being fixed, but this is kind of a big let-down.

From to the Red Lamb FB page:
Red Lamb has ended its first successful leg of touring for its global initiative of permanent autism Awareness with its "Anarchy For Autism" touring, in perpetuity.

It's been such a wonderful time seeing all who came to the Red Lamb shows to show support and for me to personally hear all your struggles regarding how autism has effected your family (CDC statistic now 1 in 50 born). That is why I have started this first in the music industry pathway of permanence.

I also would like to take this chance to thank my incredible band and crew for the above and beyond they have given. Time for round two and to reach a much larger crowd base and tear this message and music up !!!

Welcome aboard a very long ride to help humanity and find a cure.

DS

·
Grumpy Old Fart
1,025 Posts
I work with Autism every day. The statistics are absolutely terrifying for my work. I can tell you without a doubt that the Federal government is not prepared for the sheer mass of cases being opened now and coming in the future.

The Medicaid system is the one that pays for all the services that these kids receive. When people bitch about "entitlement programs", this is one of the areas that will get cut to keep deadbeats of welfare.

One of the scariest things about Autism is that children that fit in different places on the Autism Spectrum are so incredibly different. The social service infrastructure isn't capable or ready to handle the onslaught.

·
Grumpy Old Fart
1,025 Posts
Is autism really that much on the rise?
Yep. There are a lot of theories as to why it's happening but it's being diagnosed in roughly one in (80-100 depending on the study you believe) children.

That makes it a pandemic level health crisis in America.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts