Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
I guess Eddie used a Dano neck on his star? :puke:

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
99. 9% sure that pic of EVH is from before Floyds even had fine tuners. LOL
I read or saw a video interview of Eddie saying that the first version of the Floyd had no Fine Tuners and he was kinda perplexed and told Rose he need something to fine tune it, gave the idea and then later he learned that the Rose patented the all thing as his.

·
Señor Member
12,297 Posts
Apparently the original didn't have finetuners
99. 9% sure that pic of EVH is from before Floyds even had fine tuners. LOL
I read or saw a video interview of Eddie saying that the first version of the Floyd had no Fine Tuners and he was kinda perplexed and told Rose he need something to fine tune it, gave the idea and then later he learned that the Rose patented the all thing as his.
I'm not sure if they were ever entirely out of production but I know they started dusting them off again, lately:

https://floydrose.com/products/frtnft?variant=29837632978

It's kinda doofy matched with a locking nut but these days with the number of guys that match a floating trem up with locking tuners, the smaller footprint and no fine tuners to nudge during palm muting, I think it's a legit option now morseo than before.

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
Yeah, a lot of EVH's most iconic guitars originally had the original Floyd Rose. Him and Brad Gillis complained about the guitar going out of whack with the clamp so Floyd fixed it.

Alex Lifeson also hopped on the FR train originally, but he was smart enough to use a proper nut.

·
Tarantula Lobbyist
5,281 Posts
Yeah, a lot of EVH's most iconic guitars originally had the original Floyd Rose. Him and Brad Gillis complained about the guitar going out of whack with the clamp so Floyd fixed it.

Alex Lifeson also hopped on the FR train originally, but he was smart enough to use a proper nut.

Fairly certain Lifeson got the 2nd FR trem, Eddie got the first.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.