Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Retarded P.A Overlord.
14,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Worst part is, I now lust for a black ESP with maple board and reverse headstock :lol: These lot have been absolutely fucking killer both times I seen them, first time was at Download in 2009, and 2nd time was last year support Fear Factory, and since I was right at the front, it was even better!

·
Puddin
1,793 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Stupid Motorola Backflip: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; MB300 Build/Blur_Version.3.0.1390.MB300.ATT.en.US Flex/P007) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

Oh, Winds of Plague. A friend of mine gave me their Decimate the Weak album. For the first song I was all like "Yeah!" But then I was all like "No!"

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts
Awesome, another thrash band ruined by a shitty metalcore vocalist!

·
Premium Member
1,184 Posts
Awesome, another thrash band ruined by a shitty metalcore vocalist!
Yeah, no kidding. I'm not sure I can ignore him enough to enjoy it.
I'm with you guys on this one...it was awesome other than the vocalist, especially when he sings clean.

Otherwise, it reminds me a bit of Dååth.

·
I miss you Avalanche
3,519 Posts
I would just like to say:

See Metallica's catalog pre-1990.

/thread

P.S. I can't stand bands like Wings of Plague, who try to look all hip-hop/gangsta, and yet play metal and sing growling vocals... They're different genres, and trying to mix the style of one with the music of the other makes you look... well, just plain stupid.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
I would just like to say:

See Metallica's catalog pre-1990.

/thread

P.S. I can't stand bands like Wings of Plague, who try to look all hip-hop/gangsta, and yet play metal and sing growling vocals... They're different genres, and trying to mix the style of one with the music of the other makes you look... well, just plain stupid.
:agreed: They should have long hair, ripped jeans, and be standing in front of a brick wall. :metal:

Jeans and leather, not cracker-jack clothes.

·
I miss you Avalanche
3,519 Posts
:agreed: They should have long hair, ripped jeans, and be standing in front of a brick wall. :metal:

Jeans and leather, not cracker-jack clothes.

YouTube - Manowar - Kings of Metal
Um... I dunno if that fashion statement necessarily applies :roll2:

:rofl:

I take this back... their jeans aren't ripped. And they're in front of steel walls, not brick :lol:

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
The gangsta/metalcore look IS pretty funny though :lol:

I had a guy in one of my last bands that TOTALLY fit that *** aesthetic. He'd headbang like a rubber band, bending over all the way at the waist so that his guitar almost hit the fucking floor. :lol: And his legs were permanently spread like 6' wide. :lol:

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
I've heard second/third hand than Andreas Kisser is a massive douchebag :lol:

FWIW, I like a lot on Conclusion of an Age, its actually a pretty cool album. Not too fond of the clean singing in parts though. The new album is supposed to have pretty much no clean singing, I think they are streaming it on their official site, gotta give it a listen sometime.

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
The gangasta/metalcore look IS pretty funny though :lol:

I had a guy in one of my last bands that TOTALLY fit that *** aesthetic. He'd headbang like a rubber band, bending over all the way at the waist so that his guitar almost hit the fucking floor. :lol: And his legs were permanently spread like 6' wide. :lol:

Nobody tops Speesy though :metal:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.