Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got the update on my Droid. Waiting for the wife's phone to update but it hasn't yet.

Love the fact I can tether via USB now, and I know the newer android phones can be a WiFi hotspot.

Haven't tested flash yet, but I've also heard that may not be included.

·
I don't like it.
11,071 Posts
Just got the update on my Droid. Waiting for the wife's phone to update but it hasn't yet.

Love the fact I can tether via USB now, and I know the newer android phones can be a WiFi hotspot.

Haven't tested flash yet, but I've also heard that may not be included.

YouTube - Android 2.2 Official Video
Yeah, a 2nd 2.2 update is being pushed to the Droid to allow you to download Flash. The Droid can handle WiFi tethering fine, if you root it :lol: I've been WiFi tethering since I got it back in December. USB tethering doesn't work unless you pay for it through Verizon, it'll just take you to a Verizon web page on the PC if you try to use it. If you haven't rooted your phone, do it, it's easy and it's worth it.

I've had Android 2.2 since it was first pushed out to the Nexus One and developers got it working on the Droid. I've had Flash since then too.

·
Dook dook dook
2,434 Posts
Yeah, a 2nd 2.2 update is being pushed to the Droid to allow you to download Flash. The Droid can handle WiFi tethering fine, if you root it :lol: I've been WiFi tethering since I got it back in December. USB tethering doesn't work unless you pay for it through Verizon, it'll just take you to a Verizon web page on the PC if you try to use it. If you haven't rooted your phone, do it, it's easy and it's worth it.

I've had Android 2.2 since it was first pushed out to the Nexus One and developers got it working on the Droid. I've had Flash since then too.
Yeah, the best way to tether is via Root. The fact that you have to pay ($20 I think) extra for tethering combined with the fact that the extra fee adds ZERO bandwidth to your 'unlimited' plan is BS.

I can't wait for 2.2 for my Incredible, rumor has it the roll out starts the 18th, but i'll believe it when I see it. Though it should be soon anyway, seeing as HTC released the source code for 2.2 on the Inc. and Evo already...

·
Tr00 Kvlt
5,914 Posts
I got it on monday, flash isn't included but they said they will be sending a 2nd update with flash before the end of the summer. That was the main reason I wanted the update! :lol: They changed the home screen a bit, i've now got 5 homescreens instead of 3.

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
I'm not into rooting and all this other jazz, my folking phone is just that to me. But still, the UI improvements were significant with 2.2, and I look forward to Flash. :fever:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts