Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems pretty simple, but I'm not having a hell of a lot of luck with the stuff that's on the marketplace.

I have Openfire running on a server sitting on the LAN side of an encrypted Wifi tunnel. On the other end, I have a handful of android devices. All of the devices can connect to Openfire just fine, and I can chat back and forth with folks in the contact list.

The problem is that there doesn't seem to be an app (that I can find, anyway) that supports chat rooms. I have the conference service setup properly and using a PC-based XMPP client (Transverse) I can connect up and join rooms as per usual. None of the Droid clients I've tried seem to have this functionality.

I know this is a longshot on here, but if any of you use XMPP and know of a client that'd show a room list and allow for group chat, I'd be uber-interested in knowing what it is.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Of note is that it doesn't (that I can tell) pull a list of available chat rooms from the server, so you have to manually add any room ([email protected]) that you want to join with it. It sucks, but this is the only client I've found that will join them period, so I'll take what I can get.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts