Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 135 Posts

·
18,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The ESP Guitar Company :: News

Gotta say, that's another bad one for them to lose. Unearth may not be Meshuggah big, but they've arguably been one of the bands to do the most for 7-strings since Korn (as far as mainstream metal, getting kids interested in 7-strings).

I noticed this when I went to check if my buddies in Baptized in Blood had picked up an endorsement yet, and they have :metal:

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Good for Buz. :yesway: He always had awesome taste in Ibby customs that never saw the light of day as production models. Maybe now we'll see an affordable/obtainable ACTUAL ESP sig of his.

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts
Good for Buz. :yesway: He always had awesome taste in Ibby customs that never saw the light of day as production models. Maybe now we'll see an affordable/obtainable ACTUAL ESP sig of his.
:agreed:

·
Pallin' around
9,532 Posts
And Buzz always did express some disappointment with LACS not doing simple things for him. Such as white guitar, black binding on body and headstock, but they wouldn't put a black binding on the neck. That is just weak.

Good for him though. Ibanez is trying to exploit their fanboism too much and it is starting to backfire on them.

·
Banned
7,428 Posts
Wirelessly posted (A Destroyer of short people: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Excellent.

·
Third Street Saint
447 Posts
Don't let the door hit you on the ass on your way out, Buz!

Just joking, of course. Ibanez is doing a swell job at pissing off both endorsees and customers these days. I'm sure as long as they don't lose one of their top guys (Vai/Satch/Gilbert/Timmons/Scofiled/Metheny/Benson...sweet Jesus, heads would ROLL if they lost Benson. He's been there forever) they'll continue this road of treating everyone else like crap. You guys know, I love Ibanez but the current state of it is not the Ibanez I love. Old Ibanez would take care of everyone. Today's Ibanez...just fuckin' moneygrubbers, basically. Jesus fuck, they've become GIBSON! AAAAAAAIIIIGGHHH!

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Pfft, as if that's a reason to get rid of an endorsee's signature model. You clearly know nothing about business. It's not about releasing guitars people actually want to buy. :nono:
I just meant that I know fuck all about the goings-on in the jazz world. :lol:

·
Bro of Bros, Bro.
15,373 Posts
It would be nice if Ibanez would start paying attention to this, and try to start seeing the forest through the trees.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
I emailed them a few times back in the day saying "Hey, I run this guitar site, it has 20,000+ members, and you're welcome to setup an artist account to talk to them, since most of them buy your guitars".

Never heard a damn thing back. :lol: Fuck 'em.

·
Pallin' around
9,532 Posts
It would be nice if Ibanez would start paying attention to this, and try to start seeing the forest through the trees.
The thing is, fanbois like me, and you, and jack, and chris, and....well you get the idea, have been supporting this company. The artists are getting maltreated but it is okay if they leave with Ibanez because us fanbois will keep buying guitars.

I LOVE my Ibanez guitars, but I am not going to buy another single one because of this, unless they start catering to musicians, not the dollar (or yen? :lol:)

Looks like it is time for me to actually track down and try out a couple of EBMM JP7s

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Yep. I own, uh, maybe 10? 12? Ibanez's right now, and at a guess, I've probably owned 30 at one point or another give or take. That, plus me starting/running the biggest sevenstring site out there for 5 years, you'd think they might actually give a shit if I offer them a direct line to their customers. Nah. :lol:

·
Pallin' around
9,532 Posts
Yep. I own, uh, maybe 10? 12? Ibanez's right now, and at a guess, I've probably owned 30 at one point or another give or take. That, plus me starting/running the biggest sevenstring site out there for 5 years, you'd think they might actually give a shit if I offer them a direct line to their customers. Nah. :lol:
Why would they? I bet their marketing people are like WTF? and laughing.

"Hey dude, lets raise the price of the RG1527 by $500 over a 3 year span! Lets just see what happens."

3 years later, sales have doubled.

"Holy shit dude! Did you see this! We don't need artists anymore! Hey! I have an even better idea! Lets introduce a new line that is inbetween standard and prestige, and then jack up the prestige prices EVEN MORE with no improvements to warranty such price changes!!!!"

I really think Ibanez is trying to see what they can get away with. Like dating a stupid chick who is madly in love with you but you don't really even care.

I wish Godzilla would come back and rape Ibanez. :mad:

/rant

·
Third Street Saint
447 Posts
The thing is, fanbois like me, and you, and jack, and chris, and....well you get the idea, have been supporting this company. The artists are getting maltreated but it is okay if they leave with Ibanez because us fanbois will keep buying guitars.

I LOVE my Ibanez guitars, but I am not going to buy another single one because of this, unless they start catering to musicians, not the dollar (or yen? :lol:)

Looks like it is time for me to actually track down and try out a couple of EBMM JP7s
I'm done with them, Sean, since they offer nothing I want anymore new-wise and even old-wise I've snagged pretty much all I wanted except an American Master (and a big :nutkick: to the guy who put it up over $3500 on ebay few months back) so I'm moving on to older guitars from other companies. I think that Hamer Cali Elite is a good start. :)

·
Argh
2,658 Posts
I'm with you guys on the Ibanez thing, they're just being completely batshit insane on pricing now, and they don't listen to customers. I know it's discontinued but I bought my RGA121 (which I love) for £599 IIRC 3 years ago. Now the newer RGA's, still made of mahogany and no better (I played one quite recently), are going for well over the £1000 mark :crazy:
Same story with the RG1527 and the RG2228 is now nearly £1600, that's totally insane.

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
I'm sure as long as they don't lose one of their top guys (Vai/Satch/Gilbert/Timmons/Scofiled/Metheny/Benson...
Don't quote me on this, but I thought Andy Timmons' deal was non-exclusive?

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts
I think Drew's right. I remember Timmons talking about wanting freedom to play any guitar he wants.

1 - 20 of 135 Posts