Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Suing LiveNation, not the band. Have to wonder if the venue would have been a better choice, for failing to control the crowd and not stopping them from surging into standing room only.

I also fixed your title.

·
Super Moderator
13,448 Posts
I will say that, of all the live shows I've been to in my life, Lamb of God's show (when they were touring off Ashes of the Wake) was by far the most violent and aggressive that I have ever been to. Annoyingly so. The music was amazing and the performance was awesome, but the crowd was completely psycho. Not just moshing or "hardcore dancing" or "making a pit" either.

·
I have angered the Noodles
2,662 Posts
I will say that, of all the live shows I've been to in my life, Lamb of God's show (when they were touring off Ashes of the Wake) was by far the most violent and aggressive that I have ever been to. Annoyingly so. The music was amazing and the performance was awesome, but the crowd was completely psycho. Not just moshing or "hardcore dancing" or "making a pit" either.
I saw them once, can't remember where, but they seemed to be encouraging that. It was very obnoxious. You couldn't stand anywhere and just watch the band.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
:agreed:

Sadly, this is just where a lot of metal has gotten to, and it makes me avoid a lot of shows. I don't give a shit about pits and moshing, since I'm there to watch the band and listen to the music. I place the blame squarely on the shoulders of dipshits like Phil Anselmo, who spent years berating fans for not being violent enough. That's why we have all these jackasses who show up to shows specifically looking to hurt people.

·
Premium Member
5,213 Posts
Welcome to about 75% of gigs in the UK :lol:

I'm not into it at all but I'm tall so I can usually find a vantage point and get a good view.

I dont think its really anyone in particular that's caused it. It seems more to me like a bunch of soft guys getting to act hard for a while. Get their shirt off and see how many people who aren't looking they can punch...

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
:agreed:

Sadly, this is just where a lot of metal has gotten to, and it makes me avoid a lot of shows. I don't give a shit about pits and moshing, since I'm there to watch the band and listen to the music. I place the blame squarely on the shoulders of dipshits like Phil Anselmo, who spent years berating fans for not being violent enough. That's why we have all these jackasses who show up to shows specifically looking to hurt people.
Totally. Superjoint Ritual was one of the craziest pits I've ever seen. Phil kept stopping songs midway and encouraging the crowd to get crazier or they'll stop playing again.

·
NICE BLACKMACHINE YO
7,276 Posts
Welcome to about 75% of gigs in the UK :lol:

I'm not into it at all but I'm tall so I can usually find a vantage point and get a good view.

I dont think its really anyone in particular that's caused it. It seems more to me like a bunch of soft guys getting to act hard for a while. Get their shirt off and see how many people who aren't looking they can punch...
Nick you could watch from the basement and have a vantage point. :lol:

·
Retarded P.A Overlord.
14,248 Posts
Nick you could watch from the basement and have a vantage point. :lol:
:lol:
You're not wrong.

Lamb of God shows are usually quite tame compared to a lot of shows I go to. Apparently every venue in the UK now doubles up as a dojo.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts