Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off... I know... the last one was the "last" one. So just keep your filthy mouths shut! :lol:
This was an unexpected trade that was presented to me. I had my Universe on Offer-Up and kind of forgot it was on there. Got a message a couple weeks ago asking if I would trade a Kiesel Vader for it even though I wasn't looking to trade. Turns out I have been having a hankering to get my hands on a multi-scale Kiesel Vader for a bit now.

Alder body. Walnut neck. Ebony board with stainless frets and Luminly side dots.

Pretty rad fiddle. Will make a fantastic travel guitar. Plays fucking great. The fanned frets are taking some getting use to but otherwise, I'm digging the fuck out of it.

Now excuse me while I go learn some Wjhite Ljion.

The Kiesel Family.

And for the lolz. The comically small case compared to a case from one of my other Kiesels and how fucking small it is on me. :lol:

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
FINALLY. A GODDAMNED HARDTAIL.

Dibs!

:lol:

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
I just refuse to buy anything with Kiesel on it on principle, at this point. :lol:

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
I just refuse to buy anything with Kiesel on it on principle, at this point. :lol:
I know what you mean, but I have to say I've been impressed with what I've seen lately. Another regular brought in their Vader that he bought for travel; 5-piece maple/walnut neck, chambered mahogany body with flame koa top, clear finish. It's an amazing guitar. Plays great, sounds great.

·
Premium Member
8,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
looks nice man, how's it like playing a headless?
It's interesting. :lol: I find myself losing my place lower on the fretboard. I never realized how much of a visual impact removing that part of the neck would have on me. For example, if I want to hit something on the 3rd fret I'll hit the 5th fret. I got use to it but at first it was kind of a mind fuck.

Pretty cool! How does it sound?
I can totally see how and why these appeal to the djent crowd. The low end(at least on my normal settings) is pretty minimal. Which is, I'm sure, due to the lack of nearly half of the wood a normal guitar would have. It does have a really clear and focused sound. But to compensate I just make the ole 5150 "666" settings more of a "966".

·
Obsessed by day glo Green
2,827 Posts
If you can't hang it on the wall, it's broken. No headstock, well, in the words of william shattner/Henry Rollins:

The lyric you are looking for in the song:

Kiesel, headless guitar? I can't get behind that

·
Tarantula Lobbyist
5,281 Posts
That's great looking, congrats!

·
Mod Britannia
7,232 Posts
The "last" one will be the guitar you get shortly before you shuffle off this mortal coil. Until then, may the gear merry-go-round continue

1 - 20 of 23 Posts