Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So getting the hang of recording with drums. Here's a really quick riff that I put together with the drums. Dual tracks panned L/R. I realize I need some heavier gauge strings since these poor 9s are going out of tune very very easily. Using my Jackson 7 with the 81-7x.

:cheers:

EDIT: Will post up a more up to date version when I get my heavier gauge strings in.

·
Sir Groove-A-Lot
Charvel So Cal & San Dimas
6,916 Posts
The guits ain't panned dude, coming out down the centre, and the drums are wayyy quiet, but nice riffs!

·
Read Only
10 Posts
I'm usually the last person to say it, but yeah - definitely doubletrack and pan. :yesway: Good idea, like where you're going with it. DT it and get the riffing tight, then shred face over it. :scream2:

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks - it was my first attempt at tracking with drums that were programmed. I found it extremely hard to keep it in time/tune because the strings were jus tlike spaghetti. Decided to hold off on the recording till I get some heavier gauge strings. I just reheard this and yes I need to improve a whole lot.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't see how 9s would make it go out of tune. Is it a floyd?
Yup and it's got only 2 springs. I'm deciding on heavier gauge strings as my pick attack is just too much for the light strings as well as getting a strobe tuner for proper/perfect intonation.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
As far as keeping in time - just slow down a bit until you get it tight. :yesway:
Yeah - just gotta practice. I'm really rusty but just wanted to let some anger out due to get my ass kicked in school :lol:

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
Nothing like recording for shining a bright light into the dark corners of one's playing and seeing all the ugly little critters that come scurrying out.

·
RG 7 player of doom
690 Posts
Playing more tightly will come with patience, time and practice, you'll get there. I don't think anyone plays super tight to a click and drum track the first time they try.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts