Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The service i fucking get. I am VERY hard on my shit, using it hours a day. my laptop ends up on a bus at least 10 times a week :lol:.

Anyways, once again, they take care of me when theres absolutely no obligation to. My laptop is well out of warrantee. My charger got some pins stuck awhile ago like they sometimes do, and i cleaned it and it was ok, but it was getting worse, and last night became unusable. I went in today, said i had stuck pins, and the guy looks at it for a minute, tries to pop em out, no luck, etc. So, he puts in my serial, looks at me and says "Youve really used the shit out of this thing dude. Unfortunately, your warrantee is expired too. So heres your new charger" and just hands me a new one anyways.

The more expensive computer works out to the same price as all the replacement hardware I end up buying normally, since they always just hook it up :lol:

·
It's not lupus.
1,689 Posts
The service i fucking get. I am VERY hard on my shit, using it hours a day. my laptop ends up on a bus at least 10 times a week :lol:.

Anyways, once again, they take care of me when theres absolutely no obligation to. My laptop is well out of warrantee. My charger got some pins stuck awhile ago like they sometimes do, and i cleaned it and it was ok, but it was getting worse, and last night became unusable. I went in today, said i had stuck pins, and the guy looks at it for a minute, tries to pop em out, no luck, etc. So, he puts in my serial, looks at me and says "Youve really used the shit out of this thing dude. Unfortunately, your warrantee is expired too. So heres your new charger" and just hands me a new one anyways.

The more expensive computer works out to the same price as all the replacement hardware I end up buying normally, since they always just hook it up :lol:
What you just described is why I stick to PCs. I am ridiculously hard on all of my hardware, my old Dell (which is still running, though the DVD drive needs to be replaced again) laptop has been through several chargers and quite a few parts. Since it wasn't very expensive when I bought it, I have no qualms about abusing the living shit out of it :lol:

If I were to buy a macbook and then subject it to the same abuse I subject my other laptops to, I'd probably cry a bit.

Excellent service at your place though, it sounds like :yesway:

·
Banned
7,428 Posts
I've always been hit and miss with Apple. They were dicks to me when I called about something years ago for one of my Ipods but super nice when I called about my Leopard. But then I always find its hit and miss with these bigger companies. One time I called MS, and got a free play and charge kit as well as multiple battery packs for free, then another time they basically told me to get fucked.

Also does anyone else find that older woman are by and far the friendliest when you call for support? :lol:

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think the worst service i ever got was when they replaced my 3gs after the warrantee expired with another 3gs instead of with a 4 :lol:

·
18,790 Posts
My iBook G4 is beat to hell. It's dirty, the disc drive doesn't work anymore, the charger connection is intermittent, the battery lasts maybe an hour from full charge with basic use (i.e. browsing the internet) and far less if I try to do anything interesting or use external hardware, and if I run it plugged in, it eventually decides to start randomly going to sleep for no discernible reason :lol: I was thinking it was a heat issue, since it does get very hot, but I don't think it's related to that. I was thinking it was the intermittent connection, until I isolated that by making sure the cable and connection remained perfectly still and it did it anyways :lol: But, in reality, it's held up pretty well for being dragged to gigs and practices and used on stage (rattling around on top of my bass rig), and having juice spilled on it once while on tour :lol:

I should see if they can do anything for it :D

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
I've always been hit and miss with Apple. They were dicks to me when I called about something years ago for one of my Ipods but super nice when I called about my Leopard. But then I always find its hit and miss with these bigger companies. One time I called MS, and got a free play and charge kit as well as multiple battery packs for free, then another time they basically told me to get fucked.

Also does anyone else find that older woman are by and far the friendliest when you call for support? :lol:
It could be worse. You could have 15-20% of your company running Macs, with Office 2011 for Mac. See, we're all stuck on patch 1402, because 1410 (Service Pack 1) completely fucks connectivity to our mail server, which is.......Exchange 2010. Their own fucking product. It's been over a month now. The people that have updated on accident I've had to completely uninstall and reinstall back to the 1402 patch level. As soon as I do that, boom it works.

I've filed a bug report, I've posted on their support forums, at which point a ton of people chimed in with the same problem. I can't really call Microsoft, because those fucking douchenozzles charge $99 just to get on the phone with someone, for a problem they created. I'm so pissed I didn't even order MS Office for my new one. I'm running fucking Mail and I'll use LibreOffice. I don't care.

How about Adobe? SEVERAL times I've had it where a laptop hard drive will die (HP loves to use crappy drives), and I've had to reinstall everything, including Acrobat. However it gives the error message "you've installed this on another computer, please de-activate first".

I can't deactivate, you slobberingly retarded program! The drive died. So I have to call. On multiple occasions I've had to sit on hold for upwards of an hour to talk to someone (thank God for headsets/speaker phone) only to be asked the same damn question "did you deactivate it before reinstalling?"

On a current machine, I had purchased Adobe Pro 9 for Mac. We decided to upgrade the user to 10, since 9 didn't work quite right with Office 2011. The upgrade disk was looking for Adobe Acrobat 7 Pro, which was never even installed on this computer, which was only 4 months old. It refused to take the Acrobat 9 key.

The Adobe guy? "Well, do you still have the Acrobat 7 disk?"

No, dumbfuck. I never had Acrobat 7 for Mac, never used Acrobat 7 for Mac, and never have even seen the fucking program.

I don't hate Windows. I don't hate Office. I do, however, hate Microsoft's shitty customer service, and their crappy licensing schemes. Adobe is even worse. If you don't have 5000 employees, neither of these companies give a flying shit about you.

·
Read Only
1 Posts
How about Adobe? SEVERAL times I've had it where a laptop hard drive will die (HP loves to use crappy drives), and I've had to reinstall everything, including Acrobat. However it gives the error message "you've installed this on another computer, please de-activate first".
Oh yeah that is the absolute worst. Ive ran into that a few times here (But luckily we have less than 20 installs so it isnt hard to track down)

Adobe are douchnozzles :agreed: I had a copy of Dreamweaver - I thought well shit it has 2 installs I will install this at work(mac) and then I will install it at home on my pc. Nope you cant do that once you activate it for either a Mac or Windows you can only ever use it for that - so even if you own both you are out of luck and would have to purchase a second license. What if you had a PC but switched to a mac (or vice versa)? nope same deal you have to buy a new license.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts