Guitar -> G-System (in Rack)
Pre-Amp Loop -> JCM800 input
JCM800 Effects Send -> Pre-amp Loop Return
Loop 1 Send -> Fender Pre-amp input
Fender Pre-amp out -> Loop 1 Return
Loop 2 Send -> Noise Gate -> Tubescreamer -> Loop 2 Return
Loop 3 Send -> BBE Sonic Stomp -> Loop 3 Return
G-System Output -> JCM800 Effects Loop Return

This looks complicated but basically it gives him his pedals in front of either pre-amp, into the power section of the JCM800, with whatever G-System effects he wants, wherever they're supposed to go. He's used a cheap volume pedal to control volume and it worked smoothly. He just bought an expression pedal so he hasn't had a chance to play with it much yet.

·
18,790 Posts
Yeah, the built-in tuner in the G-System isn't great. It works, but it won't go down deep enough to handle the F# on Richard's 8-string. It handles the low-B.

Just do what Stephen Wilson did with his:

Pedal board has all his loop-switched pedals hidden under a flap that closes/opens as needed.

(incidentally, I just noticed that's the same Boss expression pedal my guitarist just picked up for his :lol: )

·
18,790 Posts
Wow, that is disappointing to hear. My G Major switches so fast that it is all but undetectable. I cannot believe something three times as much, based on newer technology, has taken a step backwards. :noway:
Could be something they've fixed since then, like I said. I know a bunch of people were complaining about it when it first came out, but they've put out a bunch of updates since then. And Richard's wasn't updated at all when he tried it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.