Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Señor Member
12,297 Posts
Andy and Joe are known metal heads, I believe... so it's not totally sacrilege, IMO. However, the music doesn't really cover any new ground so it's just kinda 'meh' to me. We'll see what the album is like, though.

·
Banned
7,428 Posts
Wirelessly posted (A Destroyer of short people: Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4B1 Safari/419.3)

I wasn't faulting him, I just meant he played part of the song.

·
Canis lupis robertus
5,706 Posts
I like their philosophy.

Music... hmm. We'll see, I suppose. Sounds cool in theory. I dig the 3 guitar player approach. Different.

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
I like their philosophy.

Music... hmm. We'll see, I suppose. Sounds cool in theory. I dig the 3 guitar player approach. Different.
They mention the biggest mutual influences is Thin lizzy...

They could attempt what Iron Maiden has flat out failed to do with 3 guitarists:
Have a heavy rhythm with a dual harmonized lead over it. Seriously, why can't maiden do this? Instead, the insist on having the frooty looking guy twirl around stage while doubling Adrian's parts, when he could be adding rhythm behind harmonies or leads or whatever.

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
They mention the biggest mutual influences is Thin lizzy...

They could attempt what Iron Maiden has flat out failed to do with 3 guitarists:
Have a heavy rhythm with a dual harmonized lead over it. Seriously, why can't maiden do this? Instead, the insist on having the frooty looking guy twirl around stage while doubling Adrian's parts, when he could be adding rhythm behind harmonies or leads or whatever.
Don't turn this into a Janick hate thread :lol:

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
That vocalist blows. If you've got a metalcore guy screaming all over everything, it's not rock. :noway:

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Janick is responsible for Tattooed Millionaire. That alone is enough to hate him.

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
By horse you mean Bruce's solo career? :lol:

And I thought we were recently talking about how much ass Brave New World kicked :lol: Quite a few Gers songwriting credits on that one...
No, I mean Ian Gillan's mid-80s output.

Brave New world was a kickass disc. But lets not forget all the filler on Fear of the Dark, 3/4s of Virtual XI, all but 3 tracks of Dance of Death, all of the last two records? :lol:

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
No, I mean Ian Gillan's mid-80s output.

Brave New world was a kickass disc. But lets not forget all the filler on Fear of the Dark, 3/4s of Virtual XI, all but 3 tracks of Dance of Death, all of the last two records? :lol:
I actually like quite a bit of A Matter of Life and Death, but yeah Final Frontier was a letdown.

I don't care what anyone says though, this song kicks ass

Try and get that chorus out of your mind :lol: I think someone did a count and there are like 42 repetitions of the chorus.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Janick is responsible for Tattooed Millionaire. That alone is enough to hate him.
And this.

Side note: Like AJFA for Metallica, Seventh Son was the last real Maiden album. Not that I haven't liked some Maiden stuff since (and even their new, not-so-awesome stuff still fucking destroys live), but Maiden hasn't been the same band since SS.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts