Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Read Only
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if im ever in a band that can tour europe, i will make a note to not play in the club in budapest that pays in goulash.

·
AVH Guitar Repair
327 Posts
:) Steve and Rob my Homies! We used to rehearse right across the hall from them back in the late 80's-early 90's at Safor Rehearsal Studios here in TO...jeez...smoked a lot of joints with Rob while warming up before Steve (Lips) would show up for practice. Awesome, down to earth dudes, and it was great to just sit and watch them practice and work shit out. I'm SO happy they finally get their due.

·
Super Moderator
13,448 Posts
I'd known about these guys for a while. They were always the band that influenced a lot of bands that got famous in the 80s, despite themselves never getting bigger than a mid-level band. They played a show here with Megadeth, Slayer, and a bunch of other big bands. They put on a really good show, but it made me laugh when they said that the last time they were in Japan was like over 20 years ago. :lol: They've been at it since the late 70's and I remember that Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer, and some other early thrash bands really were into their music and mentioned them in their influences for early interviews.

They definitely have got to have heart to be playing for over 30 years, despite never really getting what most people would consider "success."

·
Super Moderator
8,927 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

It was bittersweet, but good on 'em for keeping at it. They're certainly not doing it for the money.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts