Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any other 6-string baritone owners here? Please share your experience with it. I just recently acquired mine and still trying to get to know it better.

I have an Ibanez RGIB6. The original EMGs were replaced with a Seymour Duncan Trembucker Distortion TB-6 bridge and Full Shred neck when I got it. It sounds good! The guitar is beautiful!

I'm still trying to find a good string set combination to give me my desired tension. Right now, I have Stringjoy: .011, .015, .022w, .030, .042, .062. The 22w is a little bit weird to bend as I do on the g-string on a standard.

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
I had the adminishredders old PRS SE Mushok, and those in general are good, but that one was extra resonant which was nice. It was longer than the RG though. I don't recall the strings, but I tend to like a bit thinner strings on a baritone.

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
I had the adminishredders old PRS SE Mushok, and those in general are good, but that one was extra resonant which was nice. It was longer than the RG though. I don't recall the strings, but I tend to like a bit thinner strings on a baritone.
The Ibanez is longer. The Mushok was 27.7, the Ibanez is 28.

I had the SE 277. kept the stock strings (14 - 68?) when I tuned down to G. When I tuned up to A# I swapped to a 10 - 56 set.

Thinking about getting a baritone again. Either the Kenny Hickey sig (again :lol:) or a Hagstrom Viking.

·
OldSchool Blacksmith
2,866 Posts
Does 26.5" count?

Ha.

Gorgeous Ibanez, littlebadboy. Welcome to the forums.

·
Dead & likes Rendang
3,170 Posts
Don't really consider it a baritone but some do. 27" scale. .009-.046 strings tuned standard.
I do, since I have one (RG470XL) tuned to drop Bb. I guess I also have a 30" Squier Bass VI coming if that counts too.

Been looking for a hardtail counterpart for my RG470XL, but so far the RGDs are the most feasible option.

·
Thread Killer
2,196 Posts
I've previously owned an Ibanez RG CSD and a Ltd MHB400, both 27 inch. I didn't get on with them, neither were bad but I just didn't find them to be so drastically different sounding that they warranted keeping.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.