Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Sir Groove-A-Lot
Charvel So Cal & San Dimas
6,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanna try going full-blown single coil (as opposed to stacked humbucker) as I really love the contrast, and more or less always split my neck pickup whenever I'm on it anyway :shrug:

JB/Aldrich/Distortion (whichever I'm in the mood for at the time, I seem to be cycling these at the moment :lol: ) in the bridge so can't be massively vintage output.

I've really enjoyed the Dimarzio Area 61 in the past, so something along those lines. Can be hum-cancelling, don't care about being "true" single coil or any of that shit.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Oh god, I've got a stack, lol. The 61 I have (along with the 69) are currently wired up in a SSH pickguard, but let me check my parts box tonight.

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
After trying Cruises (both Bridge and Neck variations) I also decided to go with a real Single on my SDX on the Neck and got the Dimarzio Area 67. Since I dont use it often so when I do I really wanted a real difference.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Try to find a Suhr ML, they are fantastic. Drew probably has like 10 of them sitting on his desk. :lol:

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
I don't, but I have a set of Suhr V60LPs about to go into my ash/rosewoood strat in place of the Suhr V60s currently in there, and after that I may have a spare set, depending on how it goes. :lol:

But if you can get your hands on a Suhr ML Standard, they are absolutely fantastic.

·
Read Only
1,264 Posts
All I've got kicking around is cruisers I'm afraid!

I've since fallen in love with the satch track (in parallel) but very different from what you are looking for.

·
Sir Groove-A-Lot
6,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I thought you said you were done with singles? :rofl:
Still willing to try some whilst I'm waiting for the right stuff to come up second hand. I just feel like the right one is lurking out there somewhere. Plus they're cheaper than humbuckers and an easy turnaround if I don't like it (due to the sheer number of strat players out there)

Edit: fuck it. This is just out of impatience because I wanna get my guitar set back up again. Gotta keep my eye on the prize. I want a Duncan Hot Rails, they just never come up second hand and I'm such a tightwad I hate buying pickups new :lol:

·
Sir Groove-A-Lot
6,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nah, thanks man but i'm gonna be a good boy and hold out for what I actually know I want. If I can't find one second hand in the next week i'll just buy new and get over it :lol:

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
What are you looking for? Full set or individual pickup?

Off the top of my head, in my parts box I have...

Fender Texas Specials (set)
Fender Hot 50s (set)
Fender Eric Johnson (set)
Suhr V60 (set)

...as well as maybe a few more. I think I have a pair of Fast Track 2s, but I'd have to look. Most are white, but I have a couple black covers too I think, and those are easy to swap. I'll try to remember to take a full assessment tonight. I have an Area 61 and 67 wired into a pickguard at the moment, but I could probably be talked into taking them out as an excuse to try some other noise-cancelling single in their place.

And yes, I'm aware I have a singlecoil-trying problem. :lol:

·
Sir Groove-A-Lot
6,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Haha cool man ill keep this list in mind for future reference, but I picked up a Duncan Hot Rails so I'm no longer looking :locked:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts