Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to get a studio strobe again, and rather than find where the fuck my light meter went, I was wondering if any of the light meter apps on iOS are worth a shit, when coupled with the instant gratification of digital photography.

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Wondernuts)

No. There's no decent attachments to provide accurate data. You can pick up a second hand Sekonic L308 for like $75-$120 if you can't find yours.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

No. There's no decent attachments to provide accurate data. You can pick up a second hand Sekonic L308 for like $75-$120 if you can't find yours.
That's what I figured. Would have been cool though, as it's one less thing, you know? Ah well.

·
Registered
3,806 Posts

I'm sure Sekonic or maybe even Canon will come up with something one day, especially given the wifi connectivity on many cameras. Hell, give me a light meter/rf trigger attachment for my iPhone that connects to my camera and I'll be as happy as a pig in shit.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

I'm sure Sekonic or maybe even Canon will come up with something one day, especially given the wifi connectivity on many cameras. Hell, give me a light meter/rf trigger attachment for my iPhone that connects to my camera and I'll be as happy as a pig in shit.
Yeah, that'd be sweet. The last time I worried about this shit was shooting film in an F3, with a Novatron kit. It's been awhile.

·
Registered
3,806 Posts

I'm pretty sure novatron would stil be making the same strobes. :lol:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts