Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
Mutes the Meat
10,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been smoking a pipe for a little while now, and I find it quite enjoyable. I have a small meerschaum pipe and I'm hoping to get one of these for Christmas. Mahogany Calabash - Original Sherlock Holmes Pipe, Mahogany Calabash Series

Not only for the Sherlock Holmes association...I like the look and sizing of it. It appears to be a very comfortable pipe to smoke.

Pipe tobacco IMO is so much better than cigarette tobacco. It tastes better, smells better (even my girlfriend likes the smell), and AFAIK it does not have all of the additives that cigarette tobacco has.

Smoked all day at the Maryland Renaissance Fair, and I'm on a pipe kick again :lol:

·
Retarded P.A Overlord.
14,248 Posts
You ruled me out in the title dude :lol:

I don't actually go out of my way to smoke anything, however, what experience I do have with pipe smoking, I enjoyed it. It was smoother I noticed (maybe just the tobacco in it). However yeah, 9 times out of 10, if I'm smoking pipe, I'm blazing and it's someone elses stash :lol:

·
Retarded P.A Overlord.
14,248 Posts
I wouldn't really class myself as a pot smoker, or a smoker at all to be fair. Yeah, the last time I smoked anything at all was last night, but before that, it'd been 3 months, it's one of those 'if its there' kinda things. Got much better things to spend my money on, like gear and saving for a house :lol:

·
Mutes the Meat
10,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Eh, give it a shot if you can't banish tobacco altogether. Personally, I like tobacco way too much to swear it off completely.

I often smoke only cigars, and lately the pipe. Sometimes I lapse back into cigarette smoking, and I do notice some major differences. When I smoke cigarettes regularly I have much less energy, have trouble getting to sleep and waking up, and generally feel like shit. These effects, for me, are absent if I smoke only cigars or pipe.

The only issue with cigars and pipe is that they are much less convenient for smoking at work.

·
Premium Member
4,657 Posts
I enjoy a pipe when I can. I don't usually have a solid hour to sit down and devote to it though. I have a few different pipes of different makes and styles, but I'd love to get a really nice calabash. I have a friend who has one and it was the most pleasurable smoking experience I've ever had.

My tobacco tastes vary, but I usually enjoy either a heavy aromatic virginia, or one of the lighter english blends with a bit of perique.

·
Dook dook dook
2,434 Posts
I have a pipe, but I haven't smoked yet, and not sure if I will. Pipes do fascinate me though, as I grew up watching my great uncle and my grandfather smoke. This is the pipe I have:

It's supposed to look like a woolly mammoth, but it kinda looks like a hairy nutsack :lol: It's made of cherry, which is why I got it.

·
Party Röcker
1,372 Posts
Wirelessly posted (A Destroyer of short people: Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4B1 Safari/419.3)

Mmm cancer, omnimnomnomnom
Mmm, not knowing what we're talking about, whee!

If you're at all concerned about additives, import some from the other side of the pond (where things like that are strictly controlled) - keep some around for aging, too.

Jeff

·
Mutes the Meat
10,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Jeff, do you know a good bit about pipes and pipe tobacco? I haven't delved too deeply into the subject, as I've been preoccupied with cigars for a while.

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
I wouldn't really class myself as a pot smoker, or a smoker at all to be fair. Yeah, the last time I smoked anything at all was last night, but before that, it'd been 3 months, it's one of those 'if its there' kinda things. Got much better things to spend my money on, like gear and saving for a house :lol:
I'm not a pot smoker, but I housed in the nations #1 dorm in terms of marijuana trafficing last semester. And I will confess to hitting it up a little. Pot smokers, when high, are some of the most generous people out there (with weed). :lol:

Only bought weed once though, and that was cause I was super drunk :lol: I woke up the next morning and found a sizable bag of weed on my desk. Asked my friend and he said it was $50 worth :rofl: what a waste of money

·
Mutes the Meat
10,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Friendly PSA: When I put "potheads GTFO" in the thread title....that means I don't want this to be a fucking pot thread. Thanks :wavey:

1 - 20 of 122 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.