Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Motherfucker.
3,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Logitech MX Revolution has just died...well, I think it's about to. It is flashing red and saying the battery is dead yet I had it on charge all of last night and all of the time I've been at work.

When it's in the charging cradle the lights light up as usual to say that it's charging but as soon as I take it out they flash red and an icon appears on the taskbar to tell me the battery is critical.

Has anybody else experienced this? I think the mouse is only about 1 year old, if a little bit older.

Any recommendations for another mouse?

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Hivemind: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148a Safari/6533.18.5)

Sounds like just the battery is fucked, can't you just get a replacement batt online?

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Yeah, those batteries are easily replaceable. Flip the mouse over and you'll see three small and one large "pad". The mouse floats over the desk surface on these pads, and the screws to open the chassis are under them. Gently peel back the one large and two leftmost pads, unscrew the four screws, and pop open the case. You'll see the battery sitting right on the bottom of the control board, so you'll know what to order. There are plenty of battery retailers available online, as it is a very common battery.

·
Motherfucker.
3,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, those batteries are easily replaceable. Flip the mouse over and you'll see three small and one large "pad". The mouse floats over the desk surface on these pads, and the screws to open the chassis are under them. Gently peel back the one large and two leftmost pads, unscrew the four screws, and pop open the case. You'll see the battery sitting right on the bottom of the control board, so you'll know what to order. There are plenty of battery retailers available online, as it is a very common battery.
Nice one, dude. Cheers :cheers:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts