Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a few Hercules wall mounts which work great for my 6 strings but 7 and 8 won't fit. Any suggestions?

Also I could love a nice hard case for my agile 8 String and my bowes 7 string. However I would like something nicer than one of those generic fake black leather cases which while technically hard is softer than I would like. That said I don't need to go to anvil cases..... unless they are cheaper than I imagine.

·
Premium Member
5,213 Posts
thats odd. My herculese stand fit my M80M which has got to be one of the largest production guitars on the market in every dimension.

·
Mod Britannia
7,233 Posts
I can certainly hang my 7's in the regular Hercules hangers (with the latching arms), but I've never owned an 8 string. I have a Gator XL case that took my SC607B (27" scale and inline headstock) fine, so that might be an option for a case. The product page gives internal dimensions, so you can double check.

·
Safe Spaces Advocate
3,125 Posts
When I had a Schecter Banshee 7, it fit perfectly in the Hercules with the latching arms.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I didn't try my 7, I went straight for the 8.

I'll try it again.

Edit: Okay my 8 fits but it goes in on an angle. I tried to put it in so that the fretboard was parallel with the wall and it is a touch too wide for that.

In that case I am probably going to grab two more wall mounts..... possibly the classical mount if that is wider.

Thanks guys. Guess I was being too gentle.

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
The Hercules wall mounts with the torx bits are the best. I miss mine all the time, but if you life in rentals you have to stick to 5 guitar boats and floor stands.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts