Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I AM CURRENTLY SAVING MONEY TO BUY A HOUSE! :flex::flex::flex::flex::flex:

I'm not buying ANY guitars right now!!! Not even used, or even necks or bodies!!!!

I have no idea how long I will be in "guitar buying celebate"!

I'm thinking of blocking ebay, Reverb, Tradera, Vend and other pages so I cannot go out an spontaniously look at stuff!

What are your reasons?

·
DOO)))M
7,435 Posts
I've got two guitars, and one bass - I don't buy new guitars because I have all the ones I need for my current needs (one practice, one for my project sound). And, much like a car, I can only use one at a time, and my time is limited - so no time can be wasted deciding which toy I want to play with.

·
Read Only
1 Posts
After I bought a RG550 I didn't really need or want anything else until I picked up my first seven. (I went 10 years with one electric guitar...)

·
Señor Member
12,297 Posts
Stopped buying because I own literally every guitar in existence. Kneel before me.

·
Read Only
2,581 Posts
I have six. The one that *** sold me is amazing. And randy doesn't own my one of a kind *** super mod charvel.

·
Thread Killer
2,196 Posts
Same position, saving for a house and trimming out everything that's not needed. Two guitars waiting to go out the door with no replacements.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
On a couple occasions, but mostly 1) I couldn't afford to, and/or 2) I was happy enough with the current fleet that there wasn't anything else I wanted.

At present, there's one or two I wouldn't mind swapping out for a "nicer" version of the same style of guitar, and one of these days I need to buy a good Tele, but that's about it. No real desire for anything else.

·
I think too much
1,877 Posts
I recently bought a resonator and a Ukulele, and those were the first instruments I'd purchased in probably 6 years. Divorce and Cover Band burnout were the reasons, and I would not recommend either. :lol:

·
Registered
374 Posts
Well, my two big excuses are money...I'm not broke, but haven't been smitten enough by any guitar lately to splurge. Another is that I haven't put in the time to practice as much as I should. My skills have stagnated, so any upgrade in workmanship or quality would be lost on me, at this point.

In the last year I've gotten a divorce, moved out and got set up on my own, and started a new job where I work 50-60 hours a week. I've also been considering just buying a dinky or soloist body to swap out for the partscaster King V that I made a few years back. I just never got along with the shape and hate to see a guitar literally gathering dust.

But yes, I need to get back into shape, playing-wise. I'm back at the dating game and most women are like "oooh, you're a musician?" Well, not exactly. If you want to hear a crappy version of "Master of Puppets"...I'm your man.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts