Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,657 Posts
I've been going over every possibility in my head to try and buy this thing and I just can't scrounge up the money :( I really want one to try and cut my teeth on some cello literature since I can't afford a mandocello

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd love to try one out. The idea of all-fifths tuning has me intrigued.

·
Premium Member
4,657 Posts
This is the video that did it for me. Granted, it won't be the same with a single course instrument, but I'd love to get one and try it out.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Fuck. I really want it.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
I've got the money and am really tempted; has anyone here dealt with this guy? I'm not familiar with him.

It's only $300, but still.

·
Super Moderator
2,037 Posts
:lol: Talk about before it's time. I remember when that thing came out in Musicians Friend a bazillion years ago.

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, that mandocello recording has me really interested in trying fifths tuning.

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts
It does sound cool.

That mandocello would probably rock played along with a mandolin. I wish Ohio Eric still lived here. :(
What? When did I move?

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts
It's like being called the wrong name in bed. :(

Reactions: BigPhi84 and 79

·
Les Paul Nut
8,077 Posts
I've been dying to get my hands on a celloblaster and im out of a job atm. :(

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
Just take a regular sixer and tune it GDAEBF#. Same principle, but with an extra high string. 1 low note away from having the range of an 8 string guitar in standard!

Also, 5ths tuning provides some really awesome chord shapes and voicings, and scales lay out very effectively and evenly. Plus, no adjusting for a weird-ass m3 string interval.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
The reason I like the 5-string idea is I can tune it CGDAE like a five-string cello and play all my old pieces on it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts