Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
MG.ORG Irregular
9,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I still kinda dig them and well found a good price on a new one and was thinking about picking it up but was wondering how they were. The last Ibanez 7 besides a 7321 I played was a UV777BK a few years ago which was pretty good but well didn't sound that awesome through the amp I was using lol.

Any thoughts? Price is well below $2k

·
Registered
374 Posts
a friend of mine owns an Apex-1 which i've played a few times. the neck is a tad fatter than on other ibanez's i've played which actually is a plus, imo. other than that, it's a regular RG, the only difference being it actually sounds good :lol: j/k

on all seriousness, it's hand down the best sounding ibanez i've played. maybe it's the combination of the mahagony body and the thicker neck, but this is the first ibanez i've played with such a thick and rich midrange.

if it wasn't for the inlay work and ridiculous list price, i would own one :)

·
Retarded P.A Overlord.
14,248 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Useless fucking piece of shit: Opera/9.80 (S60; SymbOS; Opera Mobi/448; U; en-GB) Presto/2.4.18 Version/10.00)

If the bang for buck ratio is anything compared to the Apex 2 I had, jump on it. The K7 is the nicest Ibby I ever played hands down, and I don't see an awful lot different really.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
This is the better, MIJ one, right?

If it's anything like the K7's I've played, I'd buy it. The K7 is probably my favorite Ibanez 7-string. The mahogany plus PAF7's sounded just thick and clear as fuck to me. I just couldn't swing the dough for one at the time, and now I don't play 7's anymore.

·
18,790 Posts
This is the better, MIJ one, right?

If it's anything like the K7's I've played, I'd buy it. The K7 is probably my favorite Ibanez 7-string. The mahogany plus PAF7's sounded just thick and clear as fuck to me. I just couldn't swing the dough for one at the time, and now I don't play 7's anymore.
Yeah it is, it's basically the K-7 with a different finish/inlay.

·
Banned
7,428 Posts
I tried an Apex something a few years ago. I really liked it much more than other Ibanez guitars because the neck felt much better and didn't cramp my hand up.

·
MG.ORG Irregular
9,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
it looks sexy too and I like the inlay :lol: even though I'm not a cancer

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Plus you can use the awesome U-bar!!!!

·
MG.ORG Irregular
9,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I was actually thinking about asking for them to block the trem :lol: easier to remove that than put it in.

·
Good news, Everyone!
1,528 Posts
The big issue I have with the APEX1 is the finish. It's not actually paint, per se, it's some kind of spray-on that rubs off with wear, instead of getting glossy. so if you play yours a lot, or have the wrong kind of sweat, you'll basically eat right through the finish in a year or two.

·
MG.ORG Irregular
9,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I kinda decided it was way too much money for something I only like a little bit :lol:so gonna pass on it for now lol, but I can tell you who is selling it if anyone is interested if he hasn't sold it already.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts