Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
7,393 Posts
Dude, I ALMOST bought one of those from the local shop they had it on consignment for like 300 bucks and the guy that owned it decided to paint it like some retarded line painting thing you'd get from a carnival :lol:

·
Marshall humper
3,575 Posts
Gibson hasn't had a good guitar body shape idead since 1957, the next good thing they did was maple necks in the eighties. The dummest thing they've done THIS decade, besides getting raided, was an ARCHTOP SG.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Gibson hasn't had a good guitar body shape idead since 1957, the next good thing they did was maple necks in the eighties. The dummest thing they've done THIS decade, besides getting raided, was an ARCHTOP SG.
The SG, the Flying V, and the Explorer all launched after 1957. Pretty much everything else has been a disaster though, with a few minor exceptions.

·
Sir Groove-A-Lot
Charvel So Cal & San Dimas
6,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I guess this is one of those "this is what the future looks like!" designs from the perspective of someone in 1975 :lol:

·
Premium Member
8,927 Posts
The dummest thing they've done THIS decade, besides getting raided, was an ARCHTOP SG.
Are you referring to the SG Diablo? Those things rock. I wish I'd bought one while they were easier to get. Not only do they have 24 frets, but the slightly thicker body improves both the tone and the weight distribution.

In fact, it's a total Gibson move to radically improve the SG--and then make it a limited edition while continuing to churn out reproductions of the fundamentally flawed 1961 SG. :nuts:

·
Where?!
2,632 Posts
:lol:

It looks like the sort of thing a ten year old draws in their exercise book...

·
Tarantula Lobbyist
5,281 Posts
I remember when the Corvus came out, and most guitarists thought it was laughably bad looking. there was never a time that that thing was cool or hip or whatever.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.