Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,927 Posts
The dummest thing they've done THIS decade, besides getting raided, was an ARCHTOP SG.
Are you referring to the SG Diablo? Those things rock. I wish I'd bought one while they were easier to get. Not only do they have 24 frets, but the slightly thicker body improves both the tone and the weight distribution.

In fact, it's a total Gibson move to radically improve the SG--and then make it a limited edition while continuing to churn out reproductions of the fundamentally flawed 1961 SG. :nuts:

·
Premium Member
8,927 Posts
I remember when the Corvus came out, and most guitarists thought it was laughably bad looking. there was never a time that that thing was cool or hip or whatever.
Yeah, I remember. Gibson was like "you crazy kids and your funny guitars. I'll show you!"

Norlin gets a little bit of unfair slagging over their build quality, but they really did things half-assed on the design side.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.