Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
7,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LP needs a floyd. :lol:

7s I'm just not into anymore, the Agiles always looked cool though.
:yesway: Never really tryed a floyd much but it would be fun to have a Black/maple/floyded LP style guitar :metal:

·
Registered
7,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:metal: I just find it odd that it has a Single P90... But then again I guess you wouldn't be using it for metal huh? :lol: Still nice though. I'd like to have a P-Rails thrown in one if I was to get that.:cool:

·
Tr00 Kvlt
5,914 Posts
:metal: I just find it odd that it has a Single P90... But then again I guess you wouldn't be using it for metal huh? :lol: Still nice though. I'd like to have a P-Rails thrown in one if I was to get that.:cool:
You surely can use a single P90'd guitar for metal. See Jake E Lee. His white SG had only one P90. It isn't Jake E Lee worship for me though, I just love single pickup guitars. I use neck pickups when I have them, more so on strats and teles than humbucker equipped guitars, but I spend most of my time on my bridge pickup, even in non-metal (or rock) settings.

PS I'd probably add a Kahler to the gold top.... (and my list of guitars to buy gets even longer :lol:)

·
Registered
7,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You surely can use a single P90'd guitar for metal. See Jake E Lee. His white SG had only one P90. It isn't Jake E Lee worship for me though, I just love single pickup guitars. I use neck pickups when I have them, more so on strats and teles than humbucker equipped guitars, but I spend most of my time on my bridge pickup, even in non-metal (or rock) settings.

PS I'd probably add a Kahler to the gold top.... (and my list of guitars to buy gets even longer :lol:)
:lol: nice. I don't use the neck pickup much either. But would love to have a Hum-Single guitar with that setup. though that goldtop could be sweet either way lol

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
The SE One is like $450-500.

If you do want one though, make sure its pickguard is cut properly. I've played a few that haven't been very pretty around the neck joint.

Also, the korina ones don't always have pieces that match very well.

·
Registered
7,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The SE One is like $450-500.

If you do want one though, make sure its pickguard is cut properly. I've played a few that haven't been very pretty around the neck joint.

Also, the korina ones don't always have pieces that match very well.
:squint: damn them... But I'd rather get a Painted PRS like the Mike Mushok or Pual Allender models :lol:

·
Registered
7,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
:yesway: I would end up wanting something more..versitile.. or something

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Since this isn't SS.org, I'm going to be a little more blunt in my criticism:

Headstock does not fit. At all.

Body is way, way, too small.

Upsize the body a bit (like the Buckethead LP) and find a less-pointy headstock design.

Also, there's gotta be a better way to do that bolt-on joint without changing structural integrity or costing major $$$ in work.

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
Feel free, I'm not a fanboi.

I think the headstock is fine, but that's me.

I agree the body should be... 5-10% larger? Just a little.

I'm not sure if that's the final bolt-on joint - it could be better. Strictly 7 did improve their joint recently (shortened it up some), though in my opinion after owning one it was perfectly serviceable and allowed great fret access.

I still prefer their RG and Strat shapes at this point.

But you could get one of those with one pup for ~$850.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts