Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
glass enthusiast
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got into this band last year but I haven't met many people who like them, unfortunately.
They essentially sound like the lovechild of Behemoth (if they were actually good), Hypocrisy and I guess a touch of Morbid Angel, with lyrics seemingly only about Lovecraft's deities and stories.

If you haven't heard them before, here are some bangers:

Also, they're releasing a new record soon, got a single from that one:

Any fans/opinions?

·
Premium Member
5,213 Posts
Yes been into them since the first album. Last album was good but I felt it flowed in a really weird way with two tracks at the start that both sounded like album intros.

The new album sounds promising, will pick it up from van when they release it.

Saw them live about 18 months ago as well but they suffered from poor sound.

·
glass enthusiast
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes been into them since the first album. Last album was good but I felt it flowed in a really weird way with two tracks at the start that both sounded like album intros.

That's fair. I just think both build up really well, but have a different purpose to most Metal openings.

Was this show North of the Wall?

These guys are awesome, and have some of the best album artwork this side of While Heaven Wept.
innit, Ola did a great job, particularly on Gateway.

·
Premium Member
5,213 Posts

That's fair. I just think both build up really well, but have a different purpose to most Metal openings.

Was this show North of the Wall?

These guys are awesome, and have some of the best album artwork this side of While Heaven Wept.
innit, Ola did a great job, particularly on Gateway.
Aye it was notw. Pretty dissapointing that year, I've been to all of them with legit lineups and that was the weakest year and totally killed by poor sound for a lot of the bands including mgla, sulphur aeon, necros christos, revenge and probably Malthusian as well

·
glass enthusiast
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Aye it was notw. Pretty dissapointing that year, I've been to all of them with legit lineups and that was the weakest year and totally killed by poor sound for a lot of the bands including mgla, sulphur aeon, necros christos, revenge and probably Malthusian as well
That's a real bummer. If it's any consolation, I once went to the Netherlands to see Alkaloid play for 45 minutes and they had to go on late + the sound was shit :lol:

·
This space for rent
1,482 Posts
^
I paid $50 to see Bloodbath play and they couldn't cross the border at the last minute. Show went on without them and no refunds offered. I mean it was an ok show but nothing that merited the cost without the headliner.

·
DOO)))M
7,435 Posts
That's a real bummer. If it's any consolation, I once went to the Netherlands to see Alkaloid play for 45 minutes and they had to go on late + the sound was shit
When I saw Obscura in early Sept. they didnt even go on stage till 11PM (on a weeknight mind you) and then we found out after the opening song that Steffan had his passport stolen days before - so he wasnt even in the country. BUT, they got him a replacement and he was on a flight in ...that landed at 2AM. They had to rotate vocalists from Beyond Creation/Inferni/Exist to fill in for his absence, and Rafael had to play solo guitarist for the night, which is no easy task for them.

·
glass enthusiast
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
^
I paid $50 to see Bloodbath play and they couldn't cross the border at the last minute. Show went on without them and no refunds offered. I mean it was an ok show but nothing that merited the cost without the headliner.
When I saw Obscura in early Sept. they didnt even go on stage till 11PM (on a weeknight mind you) and then we found out after the opening song that Steffan had his passport stolen days before - so he wasnt even in the country. BUT, they got him a replacement and he was on a flight in ...that landed at 2AM. They had to rotate vocalists from Beyond Creation/Inferni/Exist to fill in for his absence, and Rafael had to play solo guitarist for the night, which is no easy task for them.
Oh, this is a game of one-upmanship, is it? :lol:
Well, whatever. I've lost!

·
I have angered the Noodles
2,662 Posts
That actually sounds pretty great :lol:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts