Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
13,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... Without having the old password?

Just bought a new used Mac and the seller does not have the password. :noway: I can't dowload updates. :(

·
Mutes the Meat
10,236 Posts
Wirelessly posted (iPhone : Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/7A341)

Without the password you shouldn't be able to do much of anything, security is good :) I don't know of a backdoor either. Do you have the OS X disc?

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
If you do not have an administrator password, either, you can still reset the root password. Boot the system from the Mac OS X installation CD and select the Reset password option from the installer screen and follow the directions.
You need a boot disc, but you can do it.

·
Mutes the Meat
10,236 Posts
Wirelessly posted (iPhone : Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/7A341)

Dave wins :yesway:

·
Banned
13,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No disc...

And I found a backdoor (on the internetz) to hack in and change the old user account. :flex:
You gotta go in the prompt command after a reboot... So much for security. :lol:

Thanks anyway guys. :D

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
PSP: Master of the Backdoor(TM)

·
NICE BLACKMACHINE YO
7,276 Posts
No disc...

And I found a backdoor (on the internetz) to hack in and change the old user account. :flex:
You gotta go in the prompt command after a reboot... So much for security. :lol:

Can you link me to that please? PM :)

·
Mutes the Meat
10,236 Posts

Josh said:
PSP: Master of the Backdoor(TM)
:agreed:

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
No disc...

Honestly you can crack any machine with an unencrypted drive: OS X, Windows, Linux. Doesn't really matter.

That's why I encrypt my hard drives on laptops.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts