Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dig the Floyd, but the more I play it, while I still think I prefer the thumbscrew arm holder to the bushing on the Edge, I'm having a hard time getting it to stay tight enough so I can bounce the bar without it moving.

So, anyone know if either you can put a Wilkinson VS100 arm holder on a Floyd, or if the Gotoh Floyd has the same style attachment (an internally-threaded arm that screws in, and is then tensioned by an allen screw applying pressure on a rubber bushing)? It's easily the best all-around arm holder I've played, and if there's any way I can mod my OFR7 to accept one, I'd love to do it.

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts
I dunno, why don't you try it and find out? :fawk:

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, Question #2 for you filthy cocksuckers, where can I find a replacement VS100 arm? :fawk:

If you can put an OFR on a Wilkinson, then it stands to reason you can do the reverse, and I'd be happy to give it a try. :yesway:

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
NICE BLACKMACHINE YO
7,276 Posts
Ok, Question #2 for you filthy cocksuckers, where can I find a replacement VS100 arm? :fawk:

If you can put an OFR on a Wilkinson, then it stands to reason you can do the reverse, and I'd be happy to give it a try. :yesway:
Not a FUBAR link, for once.

·
NICE BLACKMACHINE YO
7,276 Posts
Daamit, beaten to the punch. :lol:

Allparts should have them, Drew. I don't know who distributes Wilkinson in the US, failing your attempts I know I can get one here. :)

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Like, OMG??! Why didn't I think to try Google??!?!

Stitch, if a simple Google search for "Wilkinson VS100 Arm Holder" would have turned up a match, I wouldn't be asking here. I mean, I'm a pretty reasonable, intelligent guy, and you're Scottish. Let's get real here.

...though, your decision to include "(with pics of drews hot sister)" was of course unexpected.

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Daamit, beaten to the punch. :lol:

Allparts should have them, Drew. I don't know who distributes Wilkinson in the US, failing your attempts I know I can get one here. :)
Tempting, Chris. :lol:

Tried Allparts. Didn't see anything, but then again they didn't seem to have a "trem arm holder" category...

·
NICE BLACKMACHINE YO
7,276 Posts
Like, OMG??! Why didn't I think to try Google??!?!

Stitch, if a simple Google search for "Wilkinson VS100 Arm Holder" would have turned up a match, I wouldn't be asking here. I mean, I'm a pretty reasonable, intelligent guy, and you're Scottish. Let's get real here.

...though, your decision to include "(with pics of drews hot sister)" was of course unexpected.
:lol: Try out your local guitar stores, dude. They should know who distributes Wilkinson in the US at the very least, and if you lose all hope I can get you one over here, I'll trade you it for some jerky and a tootsie roll!

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
:lol: If I can't find anything I'll take you up on that.

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts

:wallbash:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts