Metal Guitarist Forums banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
Those things are cool as hell. The "lipstick pickups" were literally made from old lipstick tubes, they're made out of like particleboard or something, but they have such a unique sound to them. They'd never be my main guitar, but it'd be fun to have one around for odd overdubs and whatnot (and I could see them kicking ass for really grungy slide)

·
Forum MVP
4,767 Posts
My Dan bass was one of the best playing and sounding instruments I have played, and I think it was made of cardboard or starofoam. dont judge just enjoy.

·
Registered
19 Posts
thats a 2011 Danelectro Wild Thing, first year I think. I never played a Wild Think, but I have played the piss out of U1's U2's, and U3's....Extremely small necks good for small hands, I have played a couple dozen of them, and not a one played bad...although its limited in its music styles

·
Registered
617 Posts
They are made out of pretty cheap stuff but they are full of character. I've played a few in shops and they felt ok and sounded really interesting. They'd be great to have around for recording.
Also I've never seen the 7 string one before, it's awesome!

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.