Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
How is it? From what I'm reading, it seems like it's almost exactly the same as the first one. :scratch:

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
How is it? From what I'm reading, it seems like it's almost exactly the same as the first one. :scratch:
Haven't bought it, but played it at a friend's house.

It plays and "feels" similar. The campaign is a ton of fun with a lot of secondary objectives, achievements, and complications to make life interesting. It feels much more like a game in it's own right rather than something you play through to learn all the units for multiplayer, and the story is very Blizzard.

The interface is (thank god) better than SC1 (which is good because people were clamoring to keep it exactly the same with all of the limitations) and there are some extra little bits of micromanagement and macromanagement to really differentiate the good players from the bad ones (Protoss Chronoboosting, Zerg Queens, Terran Orbital Command energy.)

Trust me, if you enjoyed the first one, you'll enjoy this. It's out for Mac too!

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Yeah I know, and digital download makes it even more tempting. Thing is, I'd have to buy it like right now, because during the day my hotel internet rocks, but as soon as everyone gets back and starts checking their mail and shit, it goes to hell. :lol:

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Yeah I know, and digital download makes it even more tempting. Thing is, I'd have to buy it like right now, because during the day my hotel internet rocks, but as soon as everyone gets back and starts checking their mail and shit, it goes to hell. :lol:
Dooo eeet.

You know you're going to anyways. :D

·
El Kabong
5,037 Posts
It plays a bit like Starcraft 1 v2.0. It looks and feels similar, but there are different units and gameplay mechanics as well as an improved interface. In the 12 years Starcraft has been around, it has never felt dated or old to me. Now that I've played Starcraft 2, it does.

Basically, if you liked Starcraft, get it.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
it's definitely A LOT like starcraft 1. it plays similar and most units are the same. it's really more like starcraft 1 v2.0 than a completely redone sequel, as it was also commented before.

·
Banned
7,428 Posts
Wirelessly posted (A Destroyer of short people: Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4B1 Safari/419.3)

my addy = mehtab

Add me

·
Banned
7,428 Posts
I started playing SC1 during my business/account classes. Before that I played it in grade 2-3ish :lol:

The second one is a blast. The campaign is awesome and the least repetitive campaign i've ever played as far as RTS's go.

·
El Kabong
5,037 Posts
That's just ridiculous. I would never be able to keep up that kind of rate. I'd like to be better, but as much as I've always loved Starcraft, I will never spend that much time with it. :lol:

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
I actually got into watching "pro" Starcraft a while back. It's really fascinating and interesting to watch if you have a good commentator who can explain the nuances of what is going on.

The extra replay features (rewinding, resource and unit counts, etc) have made watching SC2 "pro" games even more interesting as commentators can often directly view what is going on and explain it or do an "instant replay" at half speed.

KlazartSC's Youtube channel is an excellent place to start with pro Starcraft 1, and Blizshouter and SaharaDrac both run excellent SC2 commentary channels.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
I actually got into watching "pro" Starcraft a while back. It's really fascinating and interesting to watch if you have a good commentator who can explain the nuances of what is going on.

The extra replay features (rewinding, resource and unit counts, etc) have made watching SC2 "pro" games even more interesting as commentators can often directly view what is going on and explain it or do an "instant replay" at half speed.

KlazartSC's Youtube channel is an excellent place to start with pro Starcraft 1, and Blizshouter and SaharaDrac both run excellent SC2 commentary channels.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts