Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Fuck yes. :metal:

A near-perfect hard rock album. We need another band like this to revitalize hard rock again.

Reactions: 1

·
crying in your beer
3,782 Posts
I hate my parents, for not taking me with them, when they went to see them back then. Guess who will spend their "evening" in a hospice? :lol:

Awesome record, their best, and i still administer it once a month at least.

EDIT:

i actually just bought 2 tickets for the "GNR" concert in 2 weeks. :lol:

oh, and by just browsing through the tube, see here - 4 years later, and Axl already sings waaaaaaaay out of taaiii-ii-aiiiiimmmmmm :lol:

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts
I was on a GnR kick a while back and listened to this CD constantly for a while. I love Appetite for Destruction. Sadly GnR went downhill pretty fast after this.

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
I love the Night Train riff. Just pure badassness.

Actually, that's true of most of the rest of the album. :lol:

·
Sir Groove-A-Lot
Charvel So Cal & San Dimas
6,916 Posts
I was on a GnR kick a while back and listened to this CD constantly for a while. I love Appetite for Destruction. Sadly GnR went downhill pretty fast after this.
I dunno man, I fucking ADORE Use Your Illusion I & II. Pretty much the soundtrack to my early teens. But yes, Appetite is a benchmark hard rock record :metal:

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
I dunno man, I fucking ADORE Use Your Illusion I & II. Pretty much the soundtrack to my early teens. But yes, Appetite is a benchmark hard rock record :metal:
UYI I & II should have been condensed to one strong album instead of two albums with some good stuff and some not-so-great stuff.

·

745 Posts
GN'R were the band that my ears were feeded along with Metallica when I was small :)
this thread brings back cool memories :yesway:

·
Y R U Avoiding Me?
1,403 Posts
When this came out I was a narrow-minded metalhead.Thrash or die.I tried not to be impressed by them but this record was so intense.

·
Dead & likes Rendang
3,170 Posts
I don't care what anybody else says. Everybody serious about music should own this album. Definitely an essential listen before you die. :metal:

I was listening to this during an hour long drive on the freeway. I feel indestructable everytime Rocket Queen comes on.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I don't care what anybody else says. Everybody serious about music should own this album. Definitely an essential listen before you die. :metal:

I was listening to this during an hour long drive on the freeway. I feel indestructable everytime Rocket Queen comes on.
Fuck yes. :metal:

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
UYI I & II should have been condensed to one strong album instead of two albums with some good stuff and some not-so-great stuff.
Probably true. Also, I know everyone raves about the appetite guitar tones, but am I the only one here who prefers Slash's tone on those two? It's a bit less, idunno, dry, somehow.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Probably true. Also, I know everyone raves about the appetite guitar tones, but am I the only one here who prefers Slash's tone on those two? It's a bit less, idunno, dry, somehow.
I will say his solo tones are amazing... but I think part of it is because the lines in "Estranged" and especially the outro after fadeout in "November Rain" raise the hair on the back of my neck.

·
crying in your beer
3,782 Posts
i actually just bought 2 tickets for the "GNR" concert in 2 weeks. :lol:
So, that concert was on saturday, i was prepared for a total catastrophe, but guess what - it really was o.k., and i acutally enjoyed it.

No, its not the band i used to love, and no Axls voice does not sound like it did in the 80s...but hey, i've heard him doing far worse in the 90s already than he did last weekend. (Actually, i think a lot of his mistakes got lost in the mix and the ZOMG-OVERTHETOPZ-BASSY-BOOOOOOM-sound of the location, i just watched some vids on youtube and i can hear muchmuch more "strange" notes than i heard live, but...anyway.)

Whats really bad is one of the guitarists, doing nothing than imitating Slash, including a hat, cigarette, and exactly all of his posings and moves...pretty ridiculous. But Bumblefoot ruled.

But i guess its easy to impress me if you'v sang on my favourite records when i was 13... :lol:

·
Bringer of, Satan Ants
3,384 Posts
I just bid on a copy of A.F.D on ebay.
I won a copy of scamboogery earlier today for a dollar. :metal:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts