·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Wirelessly posted :)dio:)

Otterbox

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
I use the heavier duty Speck case. Works fine for me. Wife also uses it, and drops hers repeatedly on the concrete. So far, so good.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Tell that to my step-sister who went through four Lifeproofs in a year
How many iPhones did she go through, though?

·
DOO)))M
7,435 Posts
How many iPhones did she go through, though?
In terms of totally kaput? Zero. I'm 99% sure the screen did end up breaking and she had to deal with that until she got her new one.
I'd just be annoyed having to send a case back to Lifeproof and having to tell them, "no, I'm not going out of my way to break these; this is just what my job does to them," every time.

With my Otterbox, I used to throw it down the aisles at work as a product demo and it never broke - nor did my phone

·
Read Only
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The Otter box ones are supposed to suck for the 6s. When I got mine I checked out a round up Outside magazine did.

The 9 Best Rugged Cases for the iPhone 6 Plus | Outside Online

A couple of those are superior. I have the Dualtek one on mine, though it sounds like you are looking for something more overbuilt. I take it hiking and kayaking and shit no problem.
Your link says the Otterbox is the best-all-around-protection for the 6s!

Mine needs to be baby-proof. I.E. it's going to get thrown on the ground a lot.

·
Mod Britannia
7,233 Posts
I've got a Ringke Fusion. Had one on my 5, now on the 2nd for my 6. The only reason I'm on my second for the 6 is the first was all clear and I wanted a change to the black edge one. Protective, but not bulky. I've dropped mine lots without damage to the phone. Obviously you'll need a decent screen protector as well.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Crooks, my wife has a Lifeproof on her 6S for our baby (1 year old) - it's great, except he's chewing and in his teething stage, so he's gone through two cases from his teeth ripping through the membrane covering the home button. :lol: otherwise it's been great, but being waterproof it does degrade the speaker quality some. For a baby I'd def say either Lifeproof (I prefer the Fre, not the Nuud) or Otterbox Defender.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts